Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
What is your definition of mean, clean, and loud? Bike exhaust is far different than car in term of sounds, and perhaps, brand.

I just recently bought Akrapovic HEX slip-on for my bike and I'm loving it so far. You might want to do a search on Youtube to hear what it sounds like.

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
I felt that way at first, just read, study up.

A month later, and I know as much as the average tuner on 600rr parts. It all starts to make sense as you go along.

·
Registered
184 Posts
How about learn to ride the bike stock and appreciate the power that is there... Then worry about upgrades later when you are a better rider?

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
That almost never happens. For example, no one learns to drive a car to its full potential before they start hopping it up. I don't think you can expect anyone, particular the younger folk to resist the temptation to look cool, or be able to brag about new parts, before they learn how to ride their bike properly. We're in the day and age where kids are able to ask their rich mommies and poppies for $$$ to get them the latest and greatest. You can't expect them to be reasonable. Besides, I need them to pour into the economy with their $$$ so that it'll make the gas and parts I use cheaper for when I go to the track!

·
Registered
741 Posts
companies that make highest quality/built exhaust system are:

1st place IMO: akrapovic, arata/striker, ag hammer/hamaguchi

2nd place IMO (really really really close to 1st): leovince, arrow, moriwaki, sato

edit: 3rd place IMO: tiforce, termignoni

ps. ppl plzzzzzzzzzz dont flame me

about the sound .. just go on youtube and type in those company above and figure out which sound you like the most

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
ART Exhaust baby!!! Bah, who gives a rip unless you're getting an Arrow or an Arata full system.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
How about learn to ride the bike stock and appreciate the power that is there... Then worry about upgrades later when you are a better rider?

how about NO...i am not going to just be clueless tell i am ready....that my friend sounds stupid...i rather absorb the knowledge..so when i am ready...ill know whats up.

GraphiteBrawler thanks for being nice to someone rather than whip the flamethrower out to pounce on the new guy.
thanks to all who gave some feed back

1 - 15 of 15 Posts