Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was just wondering if anyone out there has shortened up a carbon fiber exhaust muffler. I have the two bros slip on and I don't like how it sticks out so far. Also is there a aftermarket header that you can purchase to mount up to this?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
I did my 2 bros titanium.. Cut out 2"...
Pretty easy, drill out the rivets on the cap, pull it off take out the baffle cut the can and the baffle reinstall and replace the rivets...

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
from a cf faq

How do I cut it?
For the thinner pieces (.020 and smaller), you can actually just use a good pair of scissors. Thicker material you may be able to use a tin-snips, but the optimal method is to use a band saw or scroll saw. Fast-cutting, as with a jigsaw or circular saw tends to make a lot of dust, and can leave a less-smooth cut, so slow-cutting is typically better. When using a saw, it is a good idea to protect the glossy finish from scratches, with some masking or similar tape. Finish up the edges with a 100 grit sandpaper to take the rough spots off, then detail with 400 grit. If you're really fancy, you can use a Waterjet or Laser-cutting service. (Although laser-cutting carbon fiber tends to really stink as the material burns!)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks guys. once you cut ur exhaust did you have a problem witht the exhaust melting the brake light? jw

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
No melting... just need to clean the light every now and then because of the carbon deposits exiting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts