Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of installing the Hotbodies flush mounts on my 2004. we realized with the use of LED turn signals on the rear that the turn signals now do not blink due to improper bulb resistance. Does any one know what value resistor I should install to allow the turn signals to flash normally?

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
they are probably flashing just so fast it doesn't look like there are.

I used the resistors that i got with my C/A Tail when i installed it with my gregg's flushmounts... i recently bought the CustomLED.com flasher relay and it works perfectly, no more problems with no flashing or any other problems.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Correct, they are flashing VERY fast that they look like they are not flashing. Thanks!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Do a 'resistor" search on the forum. If your really lazy (like me and poor) then wire it (the turn signal) up to the old ones and relocate them so the resistance is still there. Kinda redneck but is fairly fast and really simple.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Some of the hotbodies flushmounts require you to get a module to regulate the speed of the flashing..I just installed some on my vtr and they did not need the module..Flashed fine..But I talked the the PU tech and they said that some do. I bought the one that didn't...

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
I have the same problem.. Do you mind showing us how you installed the relay?

yeah... that's pretty much impossible as i've put my bike back together as of yesterday and lol have no plan on taking her apart again anytime soon... if u do a search there is a walk thru with pictures on how to install it. it's actually quite easy. if i can find it i'll post it here for you guys.

..... here is the thread that has the walk thru.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=52311&highlight=CustomLED

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey guys just wanted to say thanks. i installed flush mounts yesterday and had the same EXACT problem. I thought maybe if i completed the circuit, by adding a ground from left to right, it would work....but it didnt. Now i know how to fix it!
thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the same problem but never could find the relay i got an 06 cbr 600rr anyone know where it is so i can put the new one in i got?

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Okay, so do the relays handle the blink rate and running lights in the front?

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
mine handles the blink rate but i have the programmable verision of the relay so i can have up to 10 different blinking choices to choose from.. but i went with regular blink.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts