Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so I been riding for almost a year now and up until a week ago, been using an HJC CS-12 VonBreaker. Ya, I know it's like the bottom of the line HJC, but at the time, a helmet was the only thing keeping me from riding after buying my Gixxer and all the rest of my gear. I had like $150 bucks left so I picked up the HJC for like $110. Never had any problems with it other than the fact it was a little on the heavy side. Then I start reading threads about tracks banning the use of the lower model HJC's. Most of the major accidents that involved head injuries were all wearing HJC's. So this got me thinking maybe it's time to retire my lid.

Two weeks ago, I ordered an AGV Stealth helmet from Kneedraggers. The price was right and the styling was awesome. Noone I know rides with an AGV tho so I didn'y really ask around about their quality. So far I love it. Lots lighter than the HJC and amazing ventilation. Did I make a wise choice?

Here is a pic of it and a link to the page it's on.

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/AGV_Stealth_Full_Face_Helmet_Black_Multi--600882.html

·
The AC (Ambidextrous Club) Unite! #001
1,866 Posts
I love my AGV. I've never had any other helmet. I just bought my Ti-Tech tonight at one hell of a price. **happy dance** I see you mentioned that your HJC was heavy? Well, I know for a fact that the lid I'm retiring is quite heavy. Most ppl I know steer clear of AGV's because of the weight. Now I don't know about the newer models, since I just bought mine tonight, but I'm hoping that they'll be a tad lighter. If not, no big deal, I'm used to the weight.

For those who are looking into purchasing a new lid, I bought mine here ~> http://www.extremesupply.com/index.htm

·
Registered
191 Posts
its the only helmet ive owned and love it. lots lighter than a hjc. i compared it to my friends shoei and it was pretty much the same. oh and both dot and snell approved so it has to protect good. plus their designs are badass

J

1 - 4 of 4 Posts