Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry just venting; my son is due to be born this week and we are so tired of waiting; for the last 4 nights contractions have been comeing and going quite regularly and still nothing.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
OH MAN, I feel for you dude! I can't imagine the amount of anxiety involved in that! First one?

Hows the sister doing?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah this is my first child; as for the sister she is living with us now. In fact she is sitting at the desk next to me here at work where I have her helping out. This way I can keep an eye on her

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
congrats on everything man! to the sis! Keep yer head up and good for you too!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
she says thanks and that I am an @sshole for telling everyone; but I just had her read the origional thread and now she is crying saying she had no idea to what levels she was hurting everyone and what we were doing to help her

·
Registered
617 Posts
My wife was induced for both of our daughters when they were born. I think her doctor gave her the choice when she was near her due date to either be induced or wait it out. Logistically it just kind of made sense to be induced; make an appointment and go in to have a baby, lol. Both births went off without a hitch though our 2nd daughter seemed to not want to be born. My poor wife was laying there for almost 12 hours with very little progress then all of the sudden BAM!, baby #2 was in a hurry all of the sudden to be born. So fast that her doctor almost didn't make it in time.

Oh yeah, I was there at my wife's side both times and it really wasn't that bad but "gross" things usually don't seem as bad when it involves a loved one. I mainly just held her hand and focused on helping her without paying too much attention to what was going on down there (her doctor seemed to have everything under control without me, lol). :)

Anyways, good luck and an early congrats to you and your wife! :)

·
Registered
540 Posts
def be there! and good luck w/ everything... i know it's hard in a hundred diff ways. when my wife was birthin our boy, he was about halfway out and the doc turned to me and said "ok, grab him and pull him out"... i was like "wtf?", but went ahead. in retrospect it was really cool to literally help bring my child into the world...

best of luck!!!

ps: the hardest part (post birth) is when the kid isn't sleeping through the night... don't kill each other before you get through that, cause it gets better ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts