Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the white parts with the tubes? They don't lead anywhere, what's the point of this? No sensors. Maybe some airflow dynamic?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The reason I'm interested in the purpose of this is because I could really use the extra room from a smaller air box lid to fit all the harnesses and relays from my HID retrofit. As of now the kit is pretty packed right in front of the air box so I'm worried about wire chafing against the steering dampener and ECU. Fabricating a smaller box would free up a lot of space in there.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yeah you guessed it, they are there to mess with the airflow, most likely in an effort to improve mid-range efficiency/power and maybe keep intake noise in check as well.

Maybe try removing them, running the bike through the gears, and comparing for yourself. I've never seen Dyno #'s before and after, but I don't feel like they make a big difference in or out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any aerodynamic experts here? What would happen to the air/power if I fabricated a smaller lid or shaved the stock one down to make room for some wires and relays?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Not an expert, but I have taken a few courses.

From what I understand modifications like this aren't likely to change peak HP #'s, but rather "shift" the power curve, picking up power at some rpms, and giving up power at others.

Sure would be interesting if you made a custom air box and let us know how it goes. I would bet the differences would be marginal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts