Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a BMC "Race" filter in my RR since shortly after I bought it. I had a slip-on exhaust for most of it's life as well.

I went back to stock exhaust to eliminate the constant annoying noise and am considering just going back to a stock air filter as well.

My question is... Is there any real noticeable difference between a stock & aftermarket "performance" filter? Some are saying better throttle response, few more mpg, etc.

Anyone actually documented or felt a worthwhile gain from getting an aftermarket air filter?

·
Registered
913 Posts
my mechanic said that the BMC and K&N Airfilters actually cause a loss of HP compared to OEM filters because the air comes into the airbox and just tumbles... The aftermarket filters do provide an increase in HP on highly modified bikes...

I will say that my mechanic is a crew chief for an AMA motorcycle race team and was able to test the this claim on the dyno, so I tend to believe what he says...

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my mechanic said that the BMC and K&N Airfilters actually cause a loss of HP compared to OEM filters because the air comes into the airbox and just tumbles... The aftermarket filters do provide an increase in HP on highly modified bikes...

I will say that my mechanic is a crew chief for an AMA motorcycle race team and was able to test the this claim on the dyno, so I tend to believe what he says...
Good enough for me. Decision finalized. OEM stays in! lol

OEM filters FTW!
Thinking so! I use my bike more for touring and commuting purposes nowadays anyway.

Wanna buy a BMC race filter? lmao

1 - 6 of 6 Posts