Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this should be in the maintanence section, but I have a trackday tomorrow and need to solve this tonight - and this section gets much more attention - so please leave it here for a while!

I just changed my front fluid. Some air got in the system due to my wife slipping and letting air come in from the top while she was holding the bars for me.

So I re-bled both sides to be safe. A good bit of air came out of the line and after more bleeding no more air... So I put everything back together.

** My brakes seem a bit spongy now. If I look at the level-window on the reservoir there is an air bubble at the top. Is that normal due to movement and such or do I need to bleed the brakes some more?

fyi - the way I am bleeding them is to:

(I repeat these steps while adding fluid along the way as needed)
1. My wife sqeezes the lever and holds.
2. I let some fluid out the bottom.
3. I tighten the nipple.
4. she releases lever

**And how full should the reservoir be whe I cap it off?

Any help tonight would be appreciated!

·
Registered
326 Posts
There should be no air bubbles in the reservoir because once the cap is put back on, no air is able to get in or go out. My bet is that there is still air inside the system, which would explain the air bubbles in your reservoir. I would suggest you to keep bleeding it until all the air bubbles are gone.

Also what type of brake fluid are you using?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
larry said:
There should be no air bubbles in the reservoir because once the cap is put back on, no air is able to get in or go out. My bet is that there is still air inside the system, which would explain the air bubbles in your reservoir. I would suggest you to keep bleeding it until all the air bubbles are gone.

Also what type of brake fluid are you using?
Bel-Ray DOT 4 - suggested by my dealer.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I was told there had to be air in the reservoir to work properly. if you look close at the cap there are two slits on each end that are not sealed completley. Also every bike I have had has had a little bubble of air in the top, but if your brakes are spongey, definantly bleed them again.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Also I think the brake fluid is supposed to be at the line inside the reservoir. don't feel it to high or brake fluid will come out of the slits on the side.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay. Thanks for all the replies guys. They seem to be good again. I had an awesome trackday today. Really did a job on those Pilot Sports of mine....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts