Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so as the title says, I've got air in my f'in coolant system cause when I stop the bike the radiator spits a little bit of coolant from the pressure relief tunnel toward the top of the radiator. So I need to know how to get the air out of my system.

Is it like cars where you put the car on an upward slope hill so the radiator cap is the highest point of the system, then run it with the cap off so when the thermosat opens all the air will bubble up to the top, then simply refill as it bubbles. Turn off the vehicle fill if needed and put the cap back on.

Or is there a different method for bikes?
Thank you to all the help with this problem.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Dont think you need to go on an upward slope but your bike level on the ground should be fine.

From the Manual:
Remove the radiator cap, fill system with coolant up to the filler neck.
Remove radiator reserve tank cap and fill to the upper level line.
Bleed air from system as follows, 1. Shift the transmission into neutral. Start the engine and let it idle for 2-3 mins. 2. Snap the throttle three to four times to bleed air from the system. 3. Stop the engine and add coolant up to the proper level if necessary. Reinstall the radiator cap. 4. Check the level of coolant in the reserve tank and fill to the upper level if it is low. Install radiator reserve tank cap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts