Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine was telling me today her man is getting a custom airbrush done on his cruiser bike....about 4 parts of the bike will be done.

She told me he is paying $1400 to have this done :ponder: Does this seem excessive? I thought so!

Anyone had a custom airbrush done? Is this reasonable?

·
Registered
269 Posts
that seems priced so high! i was thinking about buying custom painted fairings earlier and found a website that paints entirely custom schemes and does it for only around $700, and that seemed reasonable. i was gonna order a set of purple red bull fairings but decided to go with the standard blue. they have crazy paint on there tho, was unable to find a review on it too so i was a little too worried to even take the risk. the website is: http://fairingsplus.com/

·
Registered
793 Posts
It probably depends on how "artistic" the paint job is going to be. Some artists are damn good and they get paid a lot for their work. Naot saying that's the case here but it's possible.

Personally I don't think I would pay it unless da Vinci came back to life and painted the damn Mona Lisa on my fairings himself. But that's just me.

And NO, that's not even close to real.

·
Registered
269 Posts
It probably depends on how "artistic" the paint job is going to be. Some artists are damn good and they get paid a lot for their work. Naot saying that's the case here but it's possible.

Personally I don't think I would pay it unless da Vinci came back to life and painted the damn Mona Lisa on my fairings himself. But that's just me.

And NO, that's not even close to real.
maybe you should consider getting that professionally done, it would look good :supergay: lol

·
Registered
793 Posts
maybe you should consider getting that professionally done, it would look good :supergay: lol

LOL - it hurt just to photochop it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
any idea how much work goes into an elaborate air brush paint job? you potentially be talking about a ton of prep and hours laying down the various coats of paint. $1400 is a lot, but if the job is done well and has a lot of detail, that price is probably within reason. Shoot, I have seen some airbrushed helmets that cost $300 just for the paint.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
I've been an artist for 13 years and I HATE flashy paint jobs and air brushing on motorcycles and cars. it makes them look like a kids hot wheels toy. paying over $1,000 for something like that is, well.....beyond me. then again that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
that's cheap. A very good airbrushed job like you see in the mags. The show bikes. Well it costs more then the price of the bike. That is if they airbrush the entire bike and not just a few parts. An entirely airbrushed bike will cost more then the price of the bike. It's the time you're paying for more then anything.

·
Registered
457 Posts
depending on the "artist" it can be... I know when I was getting quotes for tank airbrush work on my old school chopper, i was getting $250-500 for the tank alone. so i could see $1000 for tank, fenders, and side panels... with that said, your friend can keep searching and find $700-1000 now, i don't know the quality, additional work (i.e.- clear coating the pic), or level of fame the 1400 artist has

·
Registered
376 Posts
A friend of mine was telling me today her man is getting a custom airbrush done on his cruiser bike....about 4 parts of the bike will be done.

She told me he is paying $1400 to have this done :ponder: Does this seem excessive? I thought so!

Anyone had a custom airbrush done? Is this reasonable?
Check out my airbrush guy rekairbrush.com, he is really good and affordable too. He just did a Optimus Prime Halloween helmet for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yes.. I agree it's excessive and a bit crazy but I know people that have paid more than that for crazy airbrush paint jobs on their choppers. To each his own I guess.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Check out my airbrush guy rekairbrush.com, he is really good and affordable too. He just did a Optimus Prime Halloween helmet for me.
Wow he does really nice work....but $4000 for fairings....would rather put it towards the new CBR! :)

I wish I could do that, I tried to learn the airbrushing techniques and it was really hard, they make it look easy and its not!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Wow he does really nice work....but $4000 for fairings....would rather put it towards the new CBR! :)

I wish I could do that, I tried to learn the airbrushing techniques and it was really hard, they make it look easy and its not!
$4000 for fairings, that seems a little high. He only charged me a few hundred for my custom painted helmet. You should clarify the price with him again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts