Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I have a 2007 and I went out and bought the slip on..titanium pipe. Only thing is when I got home and tried to install it, that is when I found out it was for the 2009-2012 model years.

I've seen some posts that some people have still used this on their bikes but not sure if and mods where needed, if any. So can anyone here that has done this give me some pointers. Store I got it from will take it back, but the right one will take 6-8 weeks to come in.

I've tried to look at the post about the differences of mid pipes thread but the thread seems dead.

Thanks

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a 2009 and my akra came from another member with a 2007 and the only difference is one mounting bolt will not line up, but the exhaust is still very snug and will not be going anywhere. I personally love the shorter distance the 07-08 are, makes for a nice flush tail.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm... It looked like it would fit, it was just that one bolt that doesn't line up on the mid pipe. Guess I'll try again tomorrow to install it with out bolting up the mid pipe.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have a 2009 and my akra came from another member with a 2007 and the only difference is one mounting bolt will not line up, but the exhaust is still very snug and will not be going anywhere. I personally love the shorter distance the 07-08 are, makes for a nice flush tail.

God do something with that rear end haha

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
BOTY 2013 Winner & BOTM Winner 11/14 & 4/13
2,806 Posts
Akrapovič Exhaust

There are subtle differences between the Akrapovič slip-on for the 07-08 and 09-12 model years. The key difference being the length of the link pipe, hence the differing part numbers found on the schematics for both. That said there are plenty of people on here that have installed 07-08 exhausts on 09-12 models and vice versa.

·
Registered
349 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts