Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
akra or leo ? Full Leo Installed....

I have researched this to death ha and I finally have some cash to spend...

lookin to get either Leo Vince or Akrapovic exhaust... found full SS Leo with carbon can for $550 and full SS Akra Oval race for $675

im also lookin to pick up PCIII and possibly BMC

such a big chunk of money lookin for some tips advice as to what to do... I have listened to sound clips of both, akra sounds a little deaper leo sounds a little "racier" if thats a word ha... both sound good. which is louder ?

too tough to decide... and should I just go slip on and save some dough ? will a full system be worth it ?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
leaning more towards the Leo at the moment... im kinda hopin that its louder than stock though

·
Registered
72 Posts
Both are the best exhausts on the market. I'm sure you'll like either one. comparing them is like comparing apples to apples.
:+1:
^^^^ Yeah, what he said ^^^^

Most people would possibly agree that the factory pipes are virtually the same as the after market pipes in terms of diameter. Unless you manage to pick up a factory race set that are huge. Therefore the conclusion is that the biggest HP gain is actually from the slipon, whereas the main reason for replacing the pipes is for weight reasons.

The Leo and Akra are both great options..... just go with the one that looks better to you as both will be louder than stock.

In terms of $ to HP ratios........
You will gain more HP from the slipon, PCIII and BMC per $ spent, than on the pipes.

Also if you are replacing the air filter you may want to do the following mods as well:
How To: Opening up 07-08 stock air intake
***PAIR Removal How To (including airbox removal) NEW VERSION!!***

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
i got a leo and i was not at all disapointed
get the leo you will be stoked

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
for the price... 550 shipped i think its worth it to go full vs. slip on.... and on a side note this is 05 RR but i have been looking at velocity stack mod being that its cheao and ill be there anyways... as well as the PAIR removal... same ting, ill be there anyways. as far as moding the airbox, i know people have done this on the 05-06 similar results ? better airflow? i know it increases noise ha... but thats ok

and i think i am deff goin with leo, they both are oval.. and both look similar... ha save little bit of cash. hard to tell sound difference with youtube clips.

thanks for the replies

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
I love my Leo... and so do the guys with Akras that ride with me...
They usually cant hear their own (and I definitely cant) over my Leo.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have an 07 with a Carbon oval slip-on and love it. Definitley louder than stock. It's nice and throaty down low and screams up top. Just take the baffle out on the install, get the full effect.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
i loved my leo. I sold my SS leo to get a devil or KR, but I am gonna go back to leo. Gonna get the carbon s/o. It sounds amazing. Especially when your cruising at around 5-6k rpms and then let her rip..yut ughhhh

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
:+1:..when I ride with my buddy who has an akra, I can't really hear it over mine.:banger:

put arrow headers on that bad boy and you'll fall in love with it all over again.

I did notice my gas mileage went down... but only from me keeping the revs up due to the wonderful sound that it makes :cruising:

·
Registered
111 Posts
if you can get a full system for that price thats a great deal, I personally have a Akro slip on my 07 it looks great and the sound is just amazing!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
put arrow headers on that bad boy and you'll fall in love with it all over again.

ha this is a full system... im not what difference there is from the arrow to the leo headers... but yea. im gonna go with the leo. gotta find good price on PCIII now and decide on a filter or run stock....

seems like velocity stack mod is worth while for cheap as well. would love more low/mid range.... but more top end without sacrifice is fine too

thanks for the replies and comments

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
ha this is a full system... im not what difference there is from the arrow to the leo headers... but yea. im gonna go with the leo. gotta find good price on PCIII now and decide on a filter or run stock....

seems like velocity stack mod is worth while for cheap as well. would love more low/mid range.... but more top end without sacrifice is fine too

thanks for the replies and comments

lol I was just telling juggernaut. but a full leo is basically the same and DEFINITELY go with it.
As for a filter... STOCK. I've spoken with a bunch of vedors who ALSO do track time or race and and almost all of them preferred the stock filter.
Do a search on aftermarket filters... the aftermath might be disturbing to see.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just ordered my full leo SS with carbon can.

anyone know cheapest place to pick up PCIII ??

1 - 20 of 40 Posts