Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

does anyone know does akra slip on for 08model can install on our 09model.
I got a damn good deal for a 6mth old akra but dunno whether does it fit on 09model as this slip on was put on a 08model. If anyone konw pls pls pls tell me, i dont want to miss the deal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
the only reason i don't think so is because a few vendors sell different pipes for the 07-08 model vs. the 09-10 model. if you find out that it wont fit, let me know because someone should cash in on the good deal!!

·
Administrator
51,155 Posts
09 Oem Exhaust

08 Oem Exhaust

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have call up the local dealer they told me can be fix. thanks for all the info

·
Registered
44 Posts
I work at a Honda shop in baton rouge, la, and the exhaust is different from 08-09. Part numbers and design are both different even though the parts fiche picture is the same. Im not saying that an 08 ex wont fit but I just dont know how well it will fit, most aftermarket manufacturers make different exhausts for 07-08 and 09-10. I guess you will just have to try and fit it; from what ive herd some fit and some dont. Let us know wat happens!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmmm... well i called up the akra local dealer and they old me can be done. I know 07 & 08 model share same exos... but not too sure abt 09 sharing with 08.

I hope it can be done as the person sell me without trying to fix on my bike. if it doesnt fit then i will lost out. i got it abt 625usd.

·
Registered
307 Posts
just email akra and ask. I emailed yoshi and they told me their slipons were different between 08-09(i had noticed different part numbers as well). The 09 midpipe was changed. That being said, it might still fit though... alot of people put 08 slipons onto 09's

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i had email akra just waiting for their reply, the local dealer told me according their fact sheet it stated that it fit on 09 model for a 08 slipon. The seller that sell me the item will only come with slip on end can with link pipe so midpipe is not given to me, i guess the midpipe do make a different.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread but the question was left unanswered. Did you get the 08 akra and did it fit your 09?

Has anyone else done this and can confirm it works?

Ive bumped the thread because I too have an 09 and am being offered on 08 slip on...

·
Registered
278 Posts
A friend of mine found a Arka slip on for a 08 and emailed Arka seeing if it would fit his 09 and the said no. Doesn't mean it can't be done with some modification but it is not a direct replacement.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have an 08 akra slip on installed on my 09...no problems at all. Definitely needs a little fiddling with when installing, but no modifications were necessary. I think the only difference is the 09 slip on mid pipe is a little longer, which is why the 08 slip on needs just a little more precision to get it to fit just right on an 09

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
I have an 08 akra slip on installed on my 09...no problems at all. Definitely needs a little fiddling with when installing, but no modifications were necessary. I think the only difference is the 09 slip on mid pipe is a little longer, which is why the 08 slip on needs just a little more precision to get it to fit just right on an 09
Yep there are subtle differences in the mid pipe. There is a thread comparing the 2 floating around this place somewhere.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts