Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I would like to purchase a slip-on for my bike and I've decided to get a slip-on because the full Exhaust system Akrapovič offers is to expensive for me. I just have one question...... what the hell is the different between the 2 slip-on exhausts that Akrapovič offers for the 07 cbr 600rr? Here are the 2 slip-on product codes on the official Akrapovič website. S-H6SO11-ACT and S-H6SO11-HACT. The only obvious difference i see is one is (EC) (EPA) (CARB)
and the other is just (CARB). I don't know if there is a price difference. I guess I would greatly appreciate if someone knew the difference. Please and thank you! :cruising:

·
BOTY 2013 Winner & BOTM Winner 11/14 & 4/13
2,806 Posts
Akrapovič Slip-on

The difference between the two is that the -HACT version has a Titanium link pipe as opposed to a stainless steel one. The actual exhaust muffler for each version is identical. Most opt for the -ACT version as it is cheaper.

·
Registered
252 Posts
That's what I was thinking too. There will be a sizable price difference and not much gain for the titanium pipe.

·
2,806 Posts
Akrapovič Slip-on

There is absolutely no gain in terms of performance between the -ACT and -HACT versions; only a very marginal weight saving, which given the fact it's only a slip-on, is not worth the additional cost.

·
2,806 Posts
Akrapovic Slip-on

Just for a bit of further information have a look at the following post from my build thread. Whilst it is not essential to install a PCV with a slip-on you may wish to consider one. My CBR ran very lean across the rev range (see A-F Ratio in red) and had a noticeable effect on throttle response as a result of installing an Akrapovic slip-on.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showpost.php?p=3620967&postcount=207

If you end up purchasing an Akrapovic slip-on I would highly recommended conducting a power run at your local Dyno Centre which will tell you if installation has negatively affected A-F Ratio. This will allow you to make an informed choice regarding whether or not you would benefit from a PCV.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for that info! Guess ill be getting the S-H6SO11-ACT version lol. Im also definitely getting the PCV. Does anyone know where to find this specific exhaust at the cheapest price? I've really only found them on ebay auto....

·
2,806 Posts
Akrapovič Slip-on

Given your in the US, try contacting a couple of the site vendors such as Superbike Supply or Biohazard Cycles. They may be able to help you out.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Thank you for that info! Guess ill be getting the S-H6SO11-ACT version lol. Im also definitely getting the PCV. Does anyone know where to find this specific exhaust at the cheapest price? I've really only found them on ebay auto....
Use Google shop for the Akra exhaust and the last I saw Superbikesupply had the cheapest PCV out of anyone I've seen. If you talk to them i'm sure there is a possibility he can ship it with the map already on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts