Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i had an Akrapovic on my 08 cbr but i have been eyeing the Hyperflo for a while so i finally just decided to buy it. So now i can give you my opinions on these higher end exhausts.

So if your looking for one of these but can't decide then here you go.

Akrapovic:
Cost $720-$750
Very nice and sleek exhaust.
Quality is top notch.
Not too loud but certainly not quiet. Just right
Very lightweight.

Hyperflo:
Cost $821
Once again, Very nice and sleek.
Quality could be better but it is still top notch.
It has a very nice BEEFY/Rumble sound to it.
Bonus: you can return the exhaust within 7 days if you don't like it.
Only downfall is that it is pretty heavy. Twice the weight of the Akra.

Over all i really love both exhaust but i went with the hyperflo. Videos below. Recorded in 1080p but i had to lower it to 720p for uploading purposes.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope after a week this will sink to the bottom and all the question threads will form.

Sent from iPhone motorcycle app.
Unless it becomes a sticky *cough*

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Nice comparison. :thumbup:

What did you use to record the video. Always been curious as to what people use as some devices suck when it comes to recording exhaust audio well.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice comparison. :thumbup:

What did you use to record the video. Always been curious as to what people use as some devices suck when it comes to recording exhaust audio well.
Used a Canon 550D T2i

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Ain't Even Excited
1,769 Posts
Which leads me to my next question. Do any slip on's really sound much different from each other?

·
Ain't Even Excited
1,769 Posts
Hence my describing word "much". Yes, they sound a little bit different.

But does a $200 slip on give a similar sound to a $800 slip on? Yes it sure does!! IMO.

·
Ain't Even Excited
1,769 Posts
Really just making a point that it's silly how much people obsess over the precise tone their exhaust is making. It's not like ill see someone ride by me and be like "OMG that sounded just like a full system Akra!!! Wait... no it must of been the Leo Vince SBK...." lol

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Really just making a point that it's silly how much people obsess over the precise tone their exhaust is making. It's not like ill see someone ride by me and be like "OMG that sounded just like a full system Akra!!! Wait... no it must of been the Leo Vince SBK...." lol
It's more the volume and style of the can that influenced my decision.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
^^^Must just be me then..lol :crackup:

When I am rolling around town in the cage, I can actually distinguish the difference between a yoshi rs-5, two-bros, leo, termi and graves. :ponder: :dontknow:

I'm not trying to do it, I just notice. It's easier when you can see the bike. Not very often I see a Graves slip-on, on anything other than a yamaha. Though I've seen a few ZX-10's rolling Graves.

There is no way in hell I am going to put anything other than Termignoni on a Ducati 1198. It changes though if I get the Diavel as planned. I am really liking the $500 Competition Werkes exhaust vs the termi. Not just because of sound, but style as well. :cruising:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts