Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

'Nuff said.

Install was smooth though took longer than expected (fairing, heat shield etc). I'm noticing a 'flat spot' up to about 4k rpm... Even stalled it once. Slightly better midrange imo. Sounds great. Photos and possibly a short clip to follow.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Removed both under tail and midpipe heat shields. I'm undecided about the looks without the midpipe shield and the black plastic guard on the side. So I might put that back on if I decide the bike looks better with them. I haven't got much mileage with the new exhaust but so far I don't see the need for the midpipe shield. So I won't be taping the pipe up for heat protection.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also I heard alot of people say that aftermarket pipes run cooler than stock exhausts. I know that first-hand now... But I was actually surprised at how much cooler they really are!
Pics will be up when i get home in about 7 hours :all_cohol

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yeah seriously I just threw mine on... THe sound is so good.

It runs wayyyy cooler, amazing.

So ... you took the midpipe off yah? I was worried about the brakeline from the master cylinder getting burned on the pipe somehow

So I left the midpipe one on.

·
Registered
125 Posts
But it would definately be cool to show off the titanium midpipe of possible.

But you need that stupid shield to get the black plastic that secures the brake line out of the way.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But it would definately be cool to show off the titanium midpipe of possible.

But you need that stupid shield to get the black plastic that secures the brake line out of the way.
Yeah I found that as well. The brake light line on my bike, while unsupported, doesn't come in contact with the pipe unless you lift it with your hand. So I think it should be good for now.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I just left the lines hanging there...it would take quite some force to push them against the pipe. Also I figured the wind would dissipate the heat a bit if they do touch. I cal always check when riding slow or stuck in traffic to make sure they're not touching. Shouldn't be a big deal.

·
Registered
125 Posts
ooo nice. The Titanium can goes really good with that look.

I went with carbon/carbon, and I think I'm goin to take off the plastic shield and the fender.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I just left the lines hanging there...it would take quite some force to push them against the pipe. Also I figured the wind would dissipate the heat a bit if they do touch. I cal always check when riding slow or stuck in traffic to make sure they're not touching. Shouldn't be a big deal.
Here's mine with no shields. No problems after a week of riding. That brake line doesn't come close to touching the mid pipe. Soon I'll do the brembo conversion that others have done and really clean it up. One thing, I don't like that gray tube going straight down in plain sight. Don't know if there's anything that can be done about that. I think it's for the brake light.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Here's mine with no shields. No problems after a week of riding. That brake line doesn't come close to touching the mid pipe. Soon I'll do the brembo conversion that others have done and really clean it up. One thing, I don't like that gray tube going straight down in plain sight. Don't know if there's anything that can be done about that. I think it's for the brake light.

I actually unplugged the gray wire, it is for the rear brake light, but I used my front brake 100% of the time with my back, so it didn't really matter about the rear cause my front brake triggered the brake light.

·
Registered
888 Posts
That's a really great looking bike! Is that a one piece tail?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts