Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Quick question...

I have the Akrapovic slip-on on my bike. Can I get the rest (header tubes and link pipe) to have the full exhaust system?

Thanks,
Chris.

·
BOTY 2013 Winner & BOTM Winner 11/14 & 4/13
2,806 Posts
Akrapovič Full System

I contacted the main UK Akrapovič importer/distributor last year about this and was informed that you can purchase the headers and downpipes separately as ‘spare parts’ to fit the slip-on exhaust but it actually works out much more expensive than buying a complete new full system. You are better of buying a full system and starting afresh and selling the slip-on soon after. Bottom line is that you can purchase all parts of the exhaust as spares (Source: Performance Parts Ltd UK) but you will pay a premium for it as the full systems are manufactured as complete sets only.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Not to jack the thread exactly, but what is this "link pipe" that i see from time to time? Its in the drop down menu on sportbiketrackgear for another 100 bucks but I don't know what its for or why its optional.

Sooooo, what is it? lol

·
2,806 Posts
Akrapovič Link Pipe

Not to jack the thread exactly, but what is this "link pipe" that i see from time to time? Its in the drop down menu on sportbiketrackgear for another 100 bucks but I don't know what its for or why its optional.

Sooooo, what is it? lol
The OEM exhaust is manufactured as a one piece item from the exhaust itself all the way down to the catalytic converter by the right footrest. Most, if not all, aftermarket slip-ons come in two pieces, the exhaust and link pipe. The link pipe that is needed to fit the Akrapovič slip-on comes in two options, stainless steel or titanium, the latter being more expensive hence the choice. The Akrapovič schematic linked below illustrates this point for you.

http://az79640.vo.msecnd.net/akrapovicbppmultimedia/208956a060784baabcf7b52da96a3f64.pdf

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Rye for the reply... that was really helpful.

Having no prior experience, does the full system make a big difference in the feeling and riding of the bike?

Also... is the full system road legal?

·
2,806 Posts
Full System

A full system will increase power output but the majority of which will be at the top end of the rev range. In addition you will require a Power Commander or Bazzaz system to compliment it along with time on the Dyno to set it up correctly. They generally are not road legal in the UK unless the exhaust is stamped for 'road use' due to increased noise output. Whether it is actually worth the investment is subjective but if you are doing a lot of track riding at a fast enough pace to take advantage of it then it is. The eBay listing linked is an international item so expect to pay customs and import duty on top of that so expect to pay a lot more than advertised.

·
2,806 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great info mate... thanks a lot for this.

Tbh, no track days or fast riding for me atm!

Just for educational purposes was the question...

As always, extremely helpful mate!

·
Registered
821 Posts
The OEM exhaust is manufactured as a one piece item from the exhaust itself all the way down to the catalytic converter by the right footrest. Most, if not all, aftermarket slip-ons come in two pieces, the exhaust and link pipe. The link pipe that is needed to fit the Akrapovič slip-on comes in two options, stainless steel or titanium, the latter being more expensive hence the choice. The Akrapovič schematic linked below illustrates this point for you.

http://az79640.vo.msecnd.net/akrapovicbppmultimedia/208956a060784baabcf7b52da96a3f64.pdf
Ohhhhhhh ok now I understand, thanks a lot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts