Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just bought an Akrapovic slip-on for my 05...should be here mid to late next week.

Does anybody have a "good quality" sound clip of what this thing is gonna sound like???

I know I will hear it soon enough, but I'm like a little kid right now and am a little excited!!!! :icon_lol:

Sound clips??? anyone???

Also I have been doing some homework and seems like their are quite a few places claiming 7hp gain with this slip-on...

Sounds a little steep to me for a slip-on..any input on this??

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Knightslugger said:
7HP maybe at 8000RPM... i'd believe that.
Really??? sh!t that would be sweet...I was thinking that was somewhat high for a slip-on..... Now I'm even more excited!!! :icon_lol:

K

·
0 Posts
It tapers off dude... it doesn't gain 7HP @ 8000 RPM and stay there... by the time it's done @ 15,000 RPM, it might be @ 2HP.

so you'll go from 75hp @ 8000 RPM to 82hp but up top (where no one on the street lives... better not anyway) you'll see a 105hp @ 15k RPM to 107 RPM increase.

if you live down low, that's where you want more power. Long V-Stacks help out a lot as well.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Nice choice. Let us see it when you put it on and let us know how you like it.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh...no doubt....my bike is already stripped down...I'll be yanking the stocker off today...lol....I'm ready for it!:icon_lol:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Knightslugger said:
7HP maybe at 8000RPM... i'd believe that.
Across the entire RPM range it averages out to be 1-2% with the majority of slip-ons. It is possible that the high and low end of the curve may be close to zero difference from stock and there could be a high point with this much difference somewhere near the middle. I believe Ak had dyno a chart on there website to demonstrate the diff.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ghost rider said:
I have one on my 06, you will be heard. It has a great sound.

Being delivered tommorrow!!!!! CAn't wait!! Pics and sound clip will be up soon!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts