Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slightly random one, hoping someone can drop an inspired response in here.

Recently I was refitting the noise baffle on my Akra slip on. You may be familiar with the fact there's a small hole to the underside of the muffler through which a small screw with a crush washer secures the baffle/db killer once inserted into the exhaust.

Annoyingly I have done this loads of times with no problem, however last time out the bolt dropped off my Allen key and fell into the muffler surround. This is a sealed unit and I'm certain it hasn't dropped down into the exhaust itself, but what I can't fathom is how to get it out, since the muffler is a sealed, riveted unit.

Hopefully I have explained myself clearly enough, if anyone can think of a solution or you've done the same please advise. Can post pics if necessary.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I figured pictures would be a lot more easy to explain the problem.

This is the hole the screw fell into.

This is how the silencer is sealed.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe can you just take the exhaust off and tip it upside down and hopefully the bolt will fall out.
This is why I posted, sometimes the glaringly obvious doesn't spring to mind! Thanks, will give that a go. It's quite a small space so I reckon it's wedged in but worth a pop.

·
Registered
874 Posts
This is why I posted, sometimes the glaringly obvious doesn't spring to mind! Thanks, will give that a go. It's quite a small space so I reckon it's wedged in but worth a pop.
Be sure to hit the sides with your palm to help "dislodge" it if it's stuck. If that doesn't work then there is always a flexible magnetic pick up tool.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So with some banging and manipulation of the carbon fibre exhaust surround, I managed to locate and remove the crush washer. Still no sign of the bolt so that may be at the track or on the road somewhere! Will persevere a little longer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts