Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the difference between the 07-08 and the 09-12 akra slip ons?? is it the just the screw placement for the heat shield or is there more to it and would the 07-08 work on a 09 bike? sry if its a repeat did a quick search didn't see the question.. thanks

·
BOTY 2013 Winner & BOTM Winner 11/14 & 4/13
2,806 Posts
Akrapovič Slip-on

There are subtle differences between the 07-08 and 09-12 models specifically relating to the link pipe. The Akrapovič website has full schematics for all the exhausts systems for the CBR600RR 07-onwards which illustrate the differences and list part numbers. If you are buying new then for best fit purchase the relevant slip-on to match your model year.

www.akrapovič.com

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are subtle differences between the 07-08 and 09-12 models specifically relating to the link pipe. The Akrapovič website has full schematics for all the exhausts systems for the CBR600RR 07-onwards which illustrate the differences and list part numbers. If you are buying new then for best fit purchase the relevant slip-on to match your model year.

www.akrapovič.com

yea I went to the website but didn't really understand it.. thats why I turned to the forums.. and im trying to buy it used and wh=ith the used ones not really much to choose from, that's y im wondering woulf there be any problems or anything If I went with 07-08 exhaust on my 09 bike and I have the heat shield taken of either way.

·
BOTY 2013 Winner & BOTM Winner 11/14 & 4/13
2,806 Posts
Akrapovič Slip-on

Many have fitted 07-08 slip-ons to 09-12 models and vice versa but for perfect fit it is recommended to purchase the correct one for a specific model year. The key difference is where the link pipe meets the OEM exhaust just above the catalytic converter. They are a slightly different shape which can cause fitment issues particularly when trying to align the mounting bolts as the link pipe is not seated correctly.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks for clearing it up

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys is there an easy way to take out the baffle i installed the exhaust but couldnt get the baffle out.. I unscrewed the lil screw but didnt even move a mm.. Should let it run to heat it up?? Whats the magic move??

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
130 Posts
Put it on a rear stand and use vice grips and really give it a good couple tugs, mine took a little muscle but if you already removed that 1 screw then it will come out for sure. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Yeah, the first time I took it out I thought I was doing something wrong. I kept checking for more bolts. There is only one. Now, after taking it out a few times, it has become a bit easier.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For the baffle; take off the slipon and push it from the back using wooden broom handle.

Works every time.
That seems like a legit idea..

And theres the one screw under neath right under the little black rubber?? Just so were talking about the right screw??

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So i went with rinonz idea and it came our right away easy no hassle put a wooden stick in the exhaust flipped it, hit the ground a couple of times and came out nice and easy.. ImageUploadedByMO Free1376443928.805538.jpg and one word is WOW that difference between 2bros and Akra is HUGE!! Hands down 2bros is louder but the sound of Akra is like music to the ears.. On idle it has a deep rumble sound and the as you go higher in the rpms the sounds just gets better and better.. As for 2bros it was the same sound just louder.. Akra is def worth the money quality looks amazing too even the spring from mid pipe to can has Akrapovic written on it and the lil rubber cap has a logo.. Small detail that counts.. Fit is perfect it mounts easy. Now i see why the price is higher then all the other slip ons. Pure sexiness.. thank you all for the tips.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts