Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I finally got the full moto2 exhaust I've been waiting for a long time. It's one of the exhausts used in Marquezs sutter moto2, when he won the world championship. It's been hard to get but worth the effort as it's a unique piece of kit.

The sound is amazing and after tuning the bike on the dino with some other HRC mods we've seen a gain of 14.2 HP to the rear wheel. Very happy with the result.

Here you have some videos with the sound. >:)

Sound video
https://youtu.be/9jskZcELMYI

Attachments

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
muhahah where did you get it? I want one lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Haha I got it directly from one of the team mechanics, it's a friend of mine. As for the price, I paid 2.500€ for the exhaust, thats the sum of what the team pay to akrapovic. Previously I had an akrapovik full exhaust tuned on the dyno and with this one it made 14.2hp more, it's ridiculous, but thats moto2 engineering at its best.

I attach some more pictures

Video soon...>:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
So hot sooooo hot

·
Registered
109 Posts
I love the sound of Akrapovich it never lets you down.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
14 hp more than a full akra? Oh wow I want whatever you're on
I already had the HRC cams installed but the tune was not perfect as with the power commander we had some limitations.

Changes were:

From power commander to rapid bike 3 Racing + tune
HRC head gasket
moto2 exhaust

Moto 2 bikes are making about 140 hp to the rear wheel, mine is just 123, it's not that crazy it is?

·
BOTM Winner 09/15
1,418 Posts
A decent standard engine with a full system, air filter and map will generally make 110-115 at the wheel. More race orientated parts like the HRC cams and full race exhausts will generically speaking give more peak power at the expense of low end. I'd think for the parts that you've got fitted 123hp is probably about right, would be very interesting to see the torque curve to see what spread of power you're getting from it.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I already had the HRC cams installed but the tune was not perfect as with the power commander we had some limitations.

Changes were:

From power commander to rapid bike 3 Racing + tune
HRC head gasket
moto2 exhaust

Moto 2 bikes are making about 140 hp to the rear wheel, mine is just 123, it's not that crazy it is?
FIrst off, congratulations that's a gorgeous exhaust. Best looking and it seems best working system available. Nice to have those kind of friends.

140hp for Moto2 bikes is about what I've read. If possible could you ask your friends in Moto2 some questions for us about their 600RR engines that we've been wondering about in another thread.

1-I know they can't service or build the control engines themselves but does he know what sort of tune they are in? Cams, big bore kit, head work, etc?

2- I know Moto2 uses the stock airbox but what about velocity stacks or air filters. Nakagami was penalized last year for his team using an aftermarket non approved air filter. I've read that Moto2 uses OEM air filter. True?

3-What electronics are they using? I was under the impression it's off the shelf Motec system? Yes?

4-Lastly can you or your friend confirm how the engines are sourced. Are they stock OEM crate motors from Honda that Dorna's contracted engineering firm builds and tunes?

If you know or could ask it would be interesting to us here. Thanks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
That's a very nice exhaust.
Have you talked with the team that provided you the system about parts??
~ 123hp is more or less the standard for the hrc kit. If it was my project I would use HRC wiring & ecu to remove all the road restrictions and the extra cables and connectors. HRC ecu is a good way to go.

thanks for sharing

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
FIrst off, congratulations that's a gorgeous exhaust. Best looking and it seems best working system available. Nice to have those kind of friends.

140hp for Moto2 bikes is about what I've read. If possible could you ask your friends in Moto2 some questions for us about their 600RR engines that we've been wondering about in another thread.

1-I know they can't service or build the control engines themselves but does he know what sort of tune they are in? Cams, big bore kit, head work, etc?

2- I know Moto2 uses the stock airbox but what about velocity stacks or air filters. Nakagami was penalized last year for his team using an aftermarket non approved air filter. I've read that Moto2 uses OEM air filter. True?

3-What electronics are they using? I was under the impression it's off the shelf Motec system? Yes?

4-Lastly can you or your friend confirm how the engines are sourced. Are they stock OEM crate motors from Honda that Dorna's contracted engineering firm builds and tunes?

If you know or could ask it would be interesting to us here. Thanks.
1-4 - Engines are stock 600rr made by honda and tuned by Geo Technology S.A, teams can't open the engine so tune is unknown.

2 - Stock airbox must be used, air filter can be replaced or removed. Velocity stacks can be modified.

3 - He doesn't remember wich ECU it was, but the ECU was supplied by the tuner and they only had a few parameters to modify.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's a very nice exhaust.
Have you talked with the team that provided you the system about parts??
~ 123hp is more or less the standard for the hrc kit. If it was my project I would use HRC wiring & ecu to remove all the road restrictions and the extra cables and connectors. HRC ecu is a good way to go.

thanks for sharing
Yes, I talked a few times with them but they don't care much about my bike haha I'm pretty happy with the figures obtained, I coud have more power but I didn't want to remove the stock rev limiter without changing the valve springs. Maybe in the near future I will change to hrc harness + hrc ecu + hrc spark plugs + hrc valve springs and go that extra 1k revs and see what happens, but for the moment I'm more than happy with how it is now.

Regards

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
Looks & sounds Grand congrats the track clip you attached is simply Akra music thanks for sharing :fiddy:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts