Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching the forums, google, and called up akropovic to find out if the 07-08 akropovic full exhaust will fit the 09-12 cbr 600rr. I haven't got any definite answers and thought I'd ask you guys. The reason for this post is that I have an Arrow Moto GP exhaust I have for possible trade for an Akropovic exhaust. I have had quite a bit of inquiries about it, but everyone wanting to trade is all the 07-08 guys and I have an 2010 cbr. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an 08 akra slip-on on my 2012. I am also running an 08 stock header. So i would bet money that the full system will fit. The reason I switched my header is the 2012 headers are longer than 08 headers.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Pretty sure they still sell the full Racing system -Stainless steel header and mid pipe with Ti muffler

Last I saw they had dropped both the "Evolution" exhaust and the "EVO KIT" exhaust.

Evolution -Exact copy of Racing system but in all Ti
The Racing and Evolution lines are designed to work with Superstock specification bikes with no internal engine changes made and are limited to having just a fuel management system, like a PCV, and an air filter installed.

EVO KIT -Actual racing exhaust built for teams
The EVO system is designed to work in conjunction with Supersport specification engines in a high state of tune along the lines of a HRC Power Up kit

A little reading for you.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=365353&highlight=Akrapovic

Retrofitting the exhaust might not add up to the best fitting exhaust.
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=222546

·
BOTY 2013 Winner & BOTM Winner 11/14 & 4/13
2,806 Posts
Akrapovič Full System

For each model year Akrapovič always produces three complete full systems; Racing Line, Evolution Line and Evolution KIT. The first two are produced for superstock use whereas as the latter is made specifically for supersport race use. The Racing and Evolution Lines are identical except the materials used to make the headers and collectors. Akrapovič supersede the Titanium versions once a new bike model is released simply due to the costs involved in producing them; hence why you will find it listed under the archived section and discontinued on their website.

There are differences between the 07-08 and 09-12 versions of the full system. They do not share the same part numbers and the mounting points are positioned differently which will lead to problems when installing. You are best off fitting the correct version for your model year to avoid any such problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts