Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup guys, just a little curious as to who got alarms installed on their bike. I recently had an alarm installed at the dealer for my bike and i noticed my battery isnt as strong. Even if my alarm is not armed it still is draining power from somewhere. I noticed this because every time im done riding my bike i plug it into a battery tender. As soon as i plug in the bike the tender used to switch instantly to a green light. Now when i plug it in it charges for atleast a half hour before switching to a green (fully charged) light. Soooooo this alarm has to be draining power from somewhere but i only arm it when i actually go somewhere, 99% of the time the bike is in the garage, covered, and hooked up to a tender, i never arm the bike while its in the house. So why would the alarm be draining my battery when its unarmed?:dontknow: anybody else experiece this? If so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks again guys be safe out there! :cruising:

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Cause it still needs to draw power to 'listen' for you pressing the arm button... an alarm never fully turns off.

I wouldn't worry about it mate, it won't do any harm unless you leave it sitting around for a couple of weeks or so and kill the battery properly.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
How old is the battery? Are the battery terminals and the main ground to the frame clean and tight? You should have a 1.0amp trickle charger w/ a built in regulator. What kind of trickle charger do you have?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How old is the battery? Are the battery terminals and the main ground to the frame clean and tight? You should have a 1.0amp trickle charger w/ a built in regulator. What kind of trickle charger do you have?
the battery is a little over 2 years old. all the grounds are clean and tight and as far as the charger i got a battery tender jr on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.