Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Scorpio alarm. There are 2 or 3 versions from Basic to Perimeter sensing nad backup battery. the SRi500 model has a warning/paging system. Contact Nick at ridersinc.com

·
Registered
360 Posts
I got the Scorpio SRi500 system... it's pretty nice. Has a paging system, as Jaebster, mentioned, has a shock sensor, tilt sensor, anti hijack system, perimeter sensor and battery backup. I use it in conjuction with a kryptonite disc lock.

·
Bike Of The Month - 09/05
1,609 Posts
In Europe... There are two alarms that are very common. Golden Bat anda Gemini.
Both of them seem to be great. I used to own a golden bat, now for this bike i'll be buying a Gemini.

·
Registered
81 Posts
any issues with limited space with passenger seat compartments and also the heat from the undertail exhaust pipes?

How big are the alarm modules and what is the good mounting spots?

Thx

·
Bike Of The Month - 09/05
1,609 Posts
Dar25 said:
any issues with limited space with passenger seat compartments and also the heat from the undertail exhaust pipes?

How big are the alarm modules and what is the good mounting spots?

Thx

I had mine done in the under the passenger seat on the right side. No problems with heating. Regarding space, the 600RR has very litle space available... so the right side compartment will be full... nothing else will fit there.

·
Registered
81 Posts
the problem for me is that right side is already taken by the PC3. :(

What about the toolkit box? :?:

·
Registered
360 Posts
It won't fit in the toolbox kit. PM me and I'll give you some good suggestions on where to put the brains.

·
Registered
615 Posts
how much did you guys get the SRi500 for? i'm looking for a alarm with the pager system

·
Registered
360 Posts
Same here... got mine through nick!

·
Registered
484 Posts
if you want a simple, no frills alarm, consider a Gorilla. It has a tilt sensor, shock sensor, and current sensor. It will fit in the tail with some coaxing. The best is that it only requires a battery terminal hookup. Granted, it doesn't have many features, but it's inexpensive, easy to install and will provide basic alarm "protection." And you'll be eligible for that .00001% insurance discount. Yay!

·
Registered
484 Posts
oops...sorry. just read about your storage issues. the gorilla will fit in the toolbox, but you need to amputate the brain a little. I've kept the alarm in both spaces, so if you end up getting a gorilla and need help with the toolbox route, pm me.

·
Registered
81 Posts
linky?

·
Registered
484 Posts
sideout said:
I want one that requires little to no wore splicing.
without splicing you can't do some of the cool stuff like remote start (actually not cool), engine cut off, or marker light flash. The Gorilla provides none of that, and thus requires no splicing. You just connect the leads to the battery terminals and your done (at least in regards to hookup).

·
Registered
874 Posts
Thanks. I am ok with some splicing...Just not into anything that deals with the fuel system...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts