Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so "my wife", was parking her car in our single car garage and bumped the back of my bike...around 1mph or less... And just the tire... but the front tire bumped the wall a bit...
Nothing smashed, wall or bike... but I'm worried about my front alignment... Anyone one think with such a small bump it would do damage to the alignment? And how to check?

thanks guys... I hope I'm just being OCD lol

·
Registered
685 Posts
nope. assuming its as you say it is, the tires would have soaked it up and no significant force transmitted to the frame and such. bike gets much more action than that going over a big bump.

double check though, take it easy next time you ride, see if it pulls or if the rear tends to walk out etcetc

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope. assuming its as you say it is, the tires would have soaked it up and no significant force transmitted to the frame and such. bike gets much more action than that going over a big bump.

double check though, take it easy next time you ride, see if it pulls or if the rear tends to walk out etcetc
thank u, ur post helped... =) And ur right... there are bigger bumps on the road...

·
Registered
606 Posts
I know this isn't scientific, however when I go on a test ride after working on my bike, I find a straight section of road and ride without my hands for a bit.

If everything is pointing straight with nothing shaking or making unusual noise, I'm happy.

If you don't notice anything while your riding, I think you should be fine.

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
Alignment on a bike isn't the same as on a car. Nothing to adjust and I doubt anything got bent. To be honest pushing from behind actually causes the suspension to absorb the force. If you are worried have your forks inspected on some V-Blocks with a run out gauge

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
The only "adjustable" aspect of bike alignment would be the rear wheel. You could do a check by using the string method, look it up online. That's just the basics. I also doubt anything got bent, but more often than not the rear wheel isn't perfectly aligned anyways, so worth a check.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.