Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey
i have been lookin for a 600rr for a long time now and it seems that all the used ones have been knocked over or crashed.
i have found a lot of 600rr's with very few miles and 80 % of them have big scratches down the side. I dont see as many on the gsxr's or the yamaha's but the 600rr's must be a hot item to put down. whats up with that

N

·
0 Posts
jmurrayR6 said:
Theres just to much power for newbs to handle :D
+1

The RR's are the meanest and sweetest looking bikes (in the 600cc class) out there, so you'll get a lot of noobies purchasing these without the slightest idea of how to ride it within their limit.

Take me for example. The idiot that I am, I started off with a RR, crashed and shattered my leg. My fault, fixated on the rider ahead of me. I learned the hard way.

But there's plenty of RR's out there that haven't been dropped.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I never crashed mine, but in a desire to fit in, I got a brillo pad and some greenies and scrubbed the hell out of the fairings and case covers to make it look like i was "seasoned." I also took my bike and put it in a rear stand, fired it up and left it in gear to put miles on it. So I could brag about having the most miles. Fearing getting teased by other members, I broke out a belt sander while it was running and "scuffed in the tires" a bit. No chicket strips for me.

C

·
0 Posts
Mines never been crashed....in fact I've never wrecked any of the bikes I've owned....Im the guy who is "going down" in the well known saying: "There are those who have been down, and there are those that are going down".

Yikes.....I'm scared now :neutral:

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
hondaf4iguy said:
I never crashed mine, but in a desire to fit in, I got a brillo pad and some greenies and scrubbed the hell out of the fairings and case covers to make it look like i was "seasoned." I also took my bike and put it in a rear stand, fired it up and left it in gear to put miles on it. So I could brag about having the most miles. Fearing getting teased by other members, I broke out a belt sander while it was running and "scuffed in the tires" a bit. No chicket strips for me.
Na uh!? I did the same thing. But I started to get **** about riding too much in a straight line, and someone told me to get a set of full leathers and to take my bike to the track. I think they meant a NASCAR track? I'm not really sure. I went out and bought myself the most expensive leathers I could afford, but I haven't worn them yet. They're hanging in my closet so that I can show my friends when they come over. I started getting **** for that, so I took a belt sander and sanded down the plastic disk thingy's on the knees so that I could tell people I can drag my knees like the pros do. Why do they drag their knees anyway?

I saw some pictures of people's race bikes, and I thought it looked cool. So I sold all of my plastic peices on my bike and bought a set of "race plastics." I was kind of shocked when I got them and they didn't have any paint on them, and there weren't any holes for a headlight or tail lights. But I've figured out that I don't really need them anyway, FTP, if I get caught I'll just run! Cop cars and helicopters can't catch me, because I'm riding a motorcycle, the fastest thing on wheels. You put your number plates on the side of the gas tank, right?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Maybe only the RR owners that have crashed are willing to part with thier bike, since they don't know how to ride? I have seen many RR's that have never been on its side but the owner is not wanting to sell anytime soon. And the reason your seeing other makes is that the owner is more willing to part with their "lesser" bike, possibly to trade up to an RR.

:headscratch:

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I've heard from several people that all said "You have a 600RR? Yah I had one, and I looped it while doing stand-ups down I-135".. is it just me or is a front-heavy bike not the best bike to do high wheelies on?

·
Registered
491 Posts
chkaotic said:
I've heard from several people that all said "You have a 600RR? Yah I had one, and I looped it while doing stand-ups down I-135".. is it just me or is a front-heavy bike not the best bike to do high wheelies on?
OR

Is it just me and doing standups on I-135 isn't a good idea no matter what type of bike you're on?????? ;-)

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
HRC-RR said:
chkaotic said:
OR

Is it just me and doing standups on I-135 isn't a good idea no matter what type of bike you're on?????? ;-)
oh by all means I wont argue that.. was just thinking that a more front-heavy bike is alot more likely to loop with the weight higher up in a wheelie..

What kills me is they strut the info around about how they crashed like its a big macho thing or something.. if it were a care you wouldnt go around saying "Dude.. I just like totally ran my new 'vette into a lightpole.. rock on!"

·
Registered
666 Posts
I had a slow low side on my RR and I just plan to keep riding it. I Learned from my mistake.
Take me for example. The idiot that I am, I started off with a RR, crashed and shattered my leg. My fault, fixated on the rider ahead of me.
I did the same thing but did not crash that bad. Just a few scatches that will buff out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I disagree

I think it really depends where you are looking. I believe that there maybe around that much in the sportbike class altogether, but not necessarily RRs. The reason why alot of them are beat up in some type of manner is that it's just the nature of sportbike riders. A great number of us sport riders are risk takers, therefore it's more likely you'll find plenty of sportbikes with some type of damage. I used to think the same about Gixxers but eventually I realized that it's not always just a particular type of bike. Where have you been searching for used bikes?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts