Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start off by saying that i absolutly love my cbr and for as long as i can remember the cbr was always the bike i wanted. but i am 5'6 and it pisses me off that i cant reach the ground on my bike except with my tippy toes. now i have gotten used to it and have no problems riding what so ever. but i would still like to be able to reach because it is embarrasing when you are trying to back up your bike on uneven ground and you cant because you cant reach well enough. well my friends today i sat on a new gsxr 600 and i was maybe a centimeter away from being flat footed with sneakers on!!! i am in love. not only that the bike was incredibally light and comfortable. i really am not a fan of the colors of the suzuki but the i looked at was the same color as my cbr black/silver. its going to kill me to sell my cbr but that bike felt great. just trying to give some of you shorter riders some options.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
who you callin' short?
I'm 5ft 6 and I'm fine with tippy toes. get used to it-most sportbikes are like that. doesnt matter really-what matters is when you're rolling...

N

·
0 Posts
You need to practice some more becuz I have no problems backing up my RR on uneven grounds and I'm 4'8"....hahaha

Just sway the bike right, left, right, left. It's not that difficult.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Get extensions on your shoes. The gsxr600 is pretty sweet though, I also noticed its much shorter than the RR.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am also fine with my tippy toes. i've been riding on them for about three years now and would like a change. its also nice on how light the bike is. not to mention the cbr came in dead last to all the other 600's in a magazine review. the post was really for people who wanted to lower there bikes because they did not feel comfortable on there tippy toes

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
dead last in a magazine review???? laughable. since when are magazines the be all end all of opinions.

go with what you like. obviously the Gix is the one for u.

But PLEASE get it off your own satisfaction and not some douchebag mag editor.

N

·
0 Posts
NesNeedsBoost said:
dead last in a magazine review???? laughable. since when are magazines the be all end all of opinions.

go with what you like. obviously the Gix is the one for u.

But PLEASE get it off your own satisfaction and not some douchebag mag editor.
+1

No kidding. Seriously, mang. If you continue to think that way about bikes you'll never be satisified.

Check this thread out, and he's on a RR:
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=47046

·
Registered
249 Posts
i actually lowered mine an inch in the front and 1.5 inch in the front, and am now almost flatfooted (sp?) on it now. so... that's a better option (in my opinion) than getting a gsxr. (but then of course i'm biased so...)

·
Registered
504 Posts
I Am Now Used To Riding My Bike And Backing Up The Way Nemesis Describes It. I Am Actually About To Lift It Back Up If You Are Interested In Buying My Loering Link Or Any Body Who's Interested.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I'm 5'6" and I just wear combat boots when I ride. I'm not tip-toeing but I'm not flat footed either. I manage just fine. My buddy has an 04 GSX-R 600 and I feel like it's the same height as mine. I refuse to lower mine because it won't lean as well.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Nemesis said:
You need to practice some more becuz I have no problems backing up my RR on uneven grounds and I'm 4'8"....hahaha

Just sway the bike right, left, right, left. It's not that difficult.
Please tell me your joking How tall are you man?

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
no need to backup, just get off, spin ur bike around 180 degrees on the kickstand, and bam.. everyone thinks ur the strongest give ever and ur facing the way u wanna go.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I am 5'2" and tip toe myself. When I first started riding this bike we lowered it 3 inches!!! DANG!!! Drag bike! The forks were also lowered 5/8" (I think). But as I got used to her I felt more comfortable and raised her back up 2 inches. Now it's only 1 inch lower than usual. Not to mention I felt sorry that the boyfriend at the time had sold his bike and wanted to ride too. He wasn't ridin' her without me tho! She seems a little hard er to turn, but I have become accustom to that as well.

I have ridden the Yamaha R1 and Ducati 749 and find the seat height a bit lower. Everything else is just widen for my short a$$.

Party on...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have the lowering link but dont want to lower and screw up the handling. like i said i am used to the height. i have been riding it for three years the way it is. in my personal opinion the gsxr felt great. i love my honda the gsxr just felt better. i only just wanted to put my .02 in for short riders like myself who were thinking of lowering there bike. but in closing i am waiting for the 07 cbr to come out first to see the changes honda makes since they are supposed to be completely changing the bike. and as far as combat boots go the ones the marinecorps issued me dont do much for giving me the height. maybe my old icb's might work. something to keep in mind.

·
Registered
454 Posts
When you lower a bike alot, you have to make adjustments to the suspension so that your turning is not sacrificed. I heard if it had to be lowered alot you can get the Forks rerpacked and I am not sure about the rear. I am 5'6" and I use my tip Toes in shoes and I am on ONE foot when in Leathers and Boots. i am fine. Just avoid having someone ride tandem

1 - 20 of 23 Posts