Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my bike, PO had installed flush mounts and GSX-r mirrors (built in turn signal). All signals flashed at a nice slow rate b/c he has the rely in there for the flush mounts.

Now, I went to install my Kapsco mirrors (turn signal built in) all the turn signals are now hyper flashing. What gives?

Both the GSX-r mirrors and Kapsco mirrors have 2 wires (power and ground), so nothing as far as the flashing goes should have changed. Unless the GSX-r mirrors have another rely built in?

So I mocked up the GSX-r mirrors back up, and once again all turn signals flash at their normal rate.

Any ides or suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
gsxr mirrors are filament bulbs. Kapsco mirrors are led's. You need a flasher relay to correct the flash rate. Flasher is in the gauge cluster. THis is the how to and where you can get the flasher relay. T

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=114102

http://tripageled.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=58
Thank You Tristian!!!

I am going to order that rely RIGHT NOW!!!!!

So then, where exactly does that plug into on my bike? I am happy to see that it is plug 'n' play!!!

So by adding your relythen, then, ALL my lights will all flash at a normal rate? I'll have Kapsco mirrors, TST flush mounts and stock tail lights...

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Yes. Under the driver seat next to the fuse box. 07-13 years.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So here's what I don't get. Right now I have both GSX-r mirrors have my bike. When you turn on the turn signals, left side has the hyper flash and the right side blinks at the normal rate...

Is that normal, or is there more to it?

Will Tripages flasher rely fix my problem?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Yes it will fix it. When a flasher starts to fail it will flash fast, sometimes if you flip it back and forth it will work fine, sometimes it won't flash at all. Just a sign it's going out.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yes it will fix it. When a flasher starts to fail it will flash fast, sometimes if you flip it back and forth it will work fine, sometimes it won't flash at all. Just a sign it's going out.
I don't think the flasher is going bad. Bc when I hook the mirror back up, it'll flash at the normal slow rate.

And the turn signal flasher relays are located under the seat correct? That's where I hook up your flasher relay?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Holy crap, $8 to ship that tiny little relay that weighs next to nothing...:ponder: :(

Oh well. I need it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Hey Tripage, My blinkers do the opposite, they start with a slow flash, blink maybe 3-4 times. Then just stay lit permanently. Will the same device fix my issue as well?

This is on my 09 kawi NOT a honda. Is it bike specific?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Hey Tripage, My blinkers do the opposite, they start with a slow flast, blink maybe 3-4 times. Then just stay lit permanently. Will the same device fix my issue as well?

This is on my 09 kawi NOT a honda. Is it bike specific?
If the lights go solid then the relay doesn't have enough load for it to flash. Yes this will fix it. Most bikes have a 2 wire flasher relay. What model Kawi and I can check.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Yes it will work, just order the Grom flasher relay on the site and you will get what you need. Thanks. T

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok so where does my new flasher go?

It cannot go in the red plug.... Totally different styles.

I'm guessing the other plug the Tripage sells goes in the red plug???

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,903 Posts
Unplug the stock relay (little black box) beside the red plug and plug in the tripage one

There really is nothing more simple...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts