Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading the posts on this board for about a month now, and I've finally registered, so this will be my first post :D . I am new to riding, and I just bought a new blue 600RR last month for my first bike. I took the MSF course and got my license 2 weeks before that. I got it it for $8600 OTD (in CA), which I thought was a good deal at the time, but now I feel ripped off after hearing about people getting it for low $7ks. Oh well, can't do much about that now :???:

Kinda sad, but I have a scratch across my right fairing already from a 0mph drop. But I knew it was going to happen sooner or later. I've dropped it again since then, but my frame sliders have been saving it from additional scratches.

So right now I'm just taking things easy. Learning my bike, and just how to ride in general. I make always wear my gear when I go out: helmet, leather jacket (A-star) and gloves. I'm have some kevlar reinforced jeans (Draggin) and some steel-toe leather work boots, but I'm looking to buy the matching leather pants to zip into my jacket, as well as some real sportbike boots. My friend also advised a back protector to zip into the back jacket pocket.

This last weekend, I went with a buddy up to the Santa Cruz mountains. Boy was it fun!!! It was hot, and I was soaked when I got home, but I can't wait to go back. I just have so much to learn, it's a bit overwhelming at times, but I know I just need to be safe and take things slow. My odometer hit 900 mi. this weekend, and I'm looking forward to seeing a lot more than that! Expect a lot of questions coming from me in the months to come!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Welcome, glad to have you here. You can learn alot from some of these guys here and some might not even be about bikes :!: :!: :!: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Welcome to the board. From what you have said, it sounds like your on the right track with taking the MSF and wearing appropriate gear. Enjoy :beer:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Welcome, and what a polite introduction...it had humor, suspense, travel, and intrigue...I can hardly wait for his next post! :mrgreen:
Did I just 'ass'ume it's a guy? Haha... :bitchslap:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Welcome, make sure to ride safe and have fun.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Welcome friend!

I know you feel like you got ripped off since you paid full market price, however, rest assured you won't regret it. The bikes worth it! :bounce:

Ride safe!

:bitchslap: (sorry I just like this smiley setup)

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Congrats on your first post and your first ride. Sounds like you've got a level head on your shoulders and you're going about this the right way. Enjoy the bike and as long as you ride within your limits you'll be enjoying it for a long time. Once you get a little more use to your bike, you should consider a trackday or track oriented riding school. It'll help you along your two-wheel education and experience.

Oh, one thing that might help from getting soaked after rides is getting a UnderArmour shirt. It'll help keep you dry and cool. It's great stuff. Check out their website for more details.

http://www.underarmour.com/ua2/default.asp

(LOL... wow, i sound like a sales rep or something... )

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys for the warm welcome and encouraging words! And btw, yes, I'm of the male gender. :smile:

·
Registered
990 Posts
dcpedit said:
Thanks guys for the warm welcome and encouraging words! And btw, yes, I'm of the male gender. :smile:
That's good. I hear wiz is tired of being a bottom. Would you switch up with him? Just don't call him "gay." He takes offense to that for some odd reason... :headscratch:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts