found the bike i wanted
worked a lil on the pricing

then we talk financing
tells me that i would be paying 225 a month for 36 months

= 8200

but failed to understand the concept of me putting a down payment on it
idk y
so i had him start the bike and smelt oil and white smoke

asked what it was, said that it starts for a few seconds then the sales people shut it off, then says one ride will for 5 min will clear it up

I basically told him to GTFO
then tried selling me an 05 gixxer

i walked out the door lol

sorry, just had to rant

D

·
0 Posts
If you pay it off before those 36 months, it will be even cheaper than $8200.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i kept trying to tell the guy i had a down payment

which is nearly 3k but idk if he was just out of it or what

but he kept telling me the 225ish are for 36 months

·
Registered
86 Posts
Was it him being a hyperactive salesman or stereotyping you as a lousy senseless teenager, trying to sell you a gixxer after he sees the CBR is not working out the way he wanted it to?

WTF. If you walk into a dealership looking for a specific bike, ie Honda CBR600RR, and your positive 100% up down and backwards that this is the machine you want in your garage you have every intention on buying one. Now you start hassling with the salesman and its a mess, so he turns around and starts talking up Suzuki?!?! Like you walk in for a Honda and ride a Suckzuki home? Ughh!!! This makes me think the salesman views younger buyers as kids who just "want a crotchrocket, they dont care what it is". Which is the furthest thing from the truth...... Why I oughta....:spank::cursin:

[/rant-hijack]

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
hes right about the smoke,, bike sitting for long periods generally let it run for 5-10 mins smoke should have dissipated in the first 3...give her a good run and confirm it. probably needs an oil change as well sitting at a stealership since last season no biggie though but if he immediately went to a three year older Gixxer - idiot!

"I came in to look at a Jaguar but here show me this Hyundai"
FAIL :crackup::drunk:

new or used ?? New I assume since there's financing...
08 you should be able to take her for a run.
Get his manager and say CASH DOWN PAYMENT & SHORTER Finance time
& my mechanic has to look her over. Hell make an appointment with another dealership to check her out
well if your still interested that is

·
Registered
83 Posts
depending on how long it's been sitting with the same oil and gas in the engine, it's very possible that it just needed to be started up idled for a couple minutes and then just ridden through the gears. I know my bike stinks up the garage with white smoke and a really gas smell if I go a week or so without riding it. But it's something you'd have a third party mechanic check out before you really sign on the dotted line.

·
Registered
387 Posts
He probably is either given a higher commission/payout based on the financing package he sells. If he sold you a package w/ zero down, that usually results in an interest rate that is higher than w/ a down payment. No down payment = higher total amount financed. Coupled w/ his monthly sales goals, he may be trying to reach a certain goal for sales.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
depending on how long it's been sitting with the same oil and gas in the engine, it's very possible that it just needed to be started up idled for a couple minutes and then just ridden through the gears. I know my bike stinks up the garage with white smoke and a really gas smell if I go a week or so without riding it. But it's something you'd have a third party mechanic check out before you really sign on the dotted line.
well then shame on me

·
Registered
506 Posts
I don't know about your neck of the woods, but brand new crated 07's and 08's are going for asking price of $8399 here....so $8200 for a used one is pretty high..

Friend of mine bought a new 08 for $8450 OTD....he paid cash though, so that helped keep all the "extras" down...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts