Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was leaving the shop after picking up some Motul for the oil change on the cbr an 04 Kawasaki zx6r caught my attention.
$7999 , nothing down, 3.9%, blah blah blah. I knew I could get that down a good amount...Being I dont ride the CBR that much (my brother does most of the time) I figured I could use another bike in my name. LOL. So I eye it up...start liking it more and more. After a while I see no salespeople and obviously nobody wanted a sale. So I took that as a hint to leave while I could. I hear they're juicing up the ZX6r even more next year, plus I'd like to see what they do to the 05 cbr 600.

·
Registered
448 Posts
man come on why u want another bike

·
Registered
448 Posts
get it i can handle this one

·
Registered
544 Posts
Wow? um why would you go to team green? Has Honda made a bike, that is too nice for you or what? or wait? maybe you have too much money lying around, that you thought you would by a bike, that needs to me in the shop as often as a Harley? I dunno.......but if i had to chose another bike outside of Honda it would be yamaha.

Tim

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Oooorrr...why don't you just start riding the RR more? Or better yet...why don't you buy a used 600RR to make a track-hooptie and start riding track, it's fun as hell...or why don't you buy MEEE a used 600RR to use as a track hooptie...I'm only 18...so when I go pro I'll give you 1/4th of the first million I make...hahahahaha yeah right...but seriously... :roll: :bitchslap: :bounce:

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I have both...(well I have the RR and my wife has the 636) I was consistently a little over a second faster on the 636 (stock) at the track than my RR. Besides looks the 636 is an awesome bike for street, track stunting whatever you want it for. The only problem I had with it was one head shake coming out of a left hander when the front wheelied a little. The 636 kicks major buttox and is cheaper too! I think it would be the better choice to make into a track bike being $1k cheaper gives you money for track body work too.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cbrsexrr said:
I have both...(well I have the RR and my wife has the 636) I was consistently a little over a second faster on the 636 (stock) at the track than my RR. Besides looks the 636 is an awesome bike for street, track stunting whatever you want it for. The only problem I had with it was one head shake coming out of a left hander when the front wheelied a little. The 636 kicks major buttox and is cheaper too! I think it would be the better choice to make into a track bike being $1k cheaper gives you money for track body work too.
Thanks for the honest thoughts. I think it lists $600 cheaper than the RR, which is a plus. What can I say I like the bike. Why have two RRs? It would be nice to change with my brother..He rides the CBR I ride the Kawi and we could always switch.

·
Registered
932 Posts
The 636 is a sweet ride. If you bro has your rr most of the time, and you can get a good deal on the 636...I would definitely get it. It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you like it. Go for it!!!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well

deathstaRR said:
Wow? um why would you go to team green? Has Honda made a bike, that is too nice for you or what? or wait? maybe you have too much money lying around, that you thought you would by a bike, that needs to me in the shop as often as a Harley? I dunno.......but if i had to chose another bike outside of Honda it would be yamaha.

Tim
I like the looks of the Honda the best, other than the grey lowers. I like the stock sound of the Kawasaki better. I cant describe it but alot of people I talk to dont like that about them, but thats one of the things I like...The sound of their engines. Not too sure what you're talking about with the service. I know two people that had Kawasakis, both have zero problems. One was a 94 zx7. The bike had alot of miles, was driven to Miami and back in almost consecutive days after the bike was like 5 years old. I rode the thing about 2 months ago right before he sold it and it ran great.
I definitely dont have too much money lying around...LOL.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah

quantumfield said:
The 636 is a sweet ride. If you bro has your rr most of the time, and you can get a good deal on the 636...I would definitely get it. It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you like it. Go for it!!!
The bike pretty much is my brothers. It's in my name but he pays and I get to ride maybe once a week. Here's what I hope happens---
I dont step foot into another motorcycle dealership anytime soon. If I do I will definitely end up getting a bike. I'd rather wait until the winter here in Jersey. Better deals. They want to push the 04 out the door for the 05. But, the 05 zx6 I hear is gonna have some nice changes. Which I'd like to find out.

·
Registered
122 Posts
since you have one to ride wait for the 05's and yeah stay out of the dealership, every time I go in I just want to buy another bike. :D

C

·
0 Posts
The only thing sexier than the black zx10 is the 03 black CBR600RR!

BTW.. did you get the F4I K&N oil filter (made for synthetic oil)?

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
...we have two RRs...haha I just like them that much, I don't really like any other 600's enough to concider buying them, my brother has a yellow one, and I have a red/black '04...

But hey, if you like the Kawi then go for it man, I've heard it's a real nice bike, and those extra 36cc's are great (so I've heard)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Meddiepie954rr said:
...we have two RRs...haha I just like them that much, I don't really like any other 600's enough to concider buying them, my brother has a yellow one, and I have a red/black '04...

But hey, if you like the Kawi then go for it man, I've heard it's a real nice bike, and those extra 36cc's are great (so I've heard)
I'm 95% sure Im waiting for the 05 to come out to see who does what. I say 95% because I am an impulse buyer and if I walk into a dealership and feel I'm getting a great deal I'm gonna take it.
I'd like to see Honda invert the forks and maybe change a few other things.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts