Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys i was riding home from this girls house at 1am tonight and i've never been there.....took the turn for the onramp to the highway....going around 20mph and all of a sudden the road disappeared.....didnt realize the turn was that sharp.....tried to slow down,....back brake locked up ...kinda powerslided and then went straight into the grass but not before cilppin a f'n sign that was previously knocked over.....got my composer back and went back on the road.....pulled over at the next gas station and all i have that i can see right now is a little scratch on my left fairing.....i cant believe i didnt dump it.....lesson learned tonight....riding at night is a lot harder....cant see ahead .......gnite!

·
Registered
615 Posts
glad your okay

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
you got lucky mang. riding at nite is no joke. situational awareness is a must! ive been riding at nite to work and back for almost a yr straight now....minus the rainy days.
cant say that ive experienced that...i dont enter freeway on/off ramps curve roads very fast. not that you were....but its dark....and just that....DARK. just upgrade to HID's or get a pair of good known name brand aftermarket H7 light bulbs. makes a difference. stock lights suck as$. and if you had dark tint visor....not good mang. use clear ones.
anywho....glad you made it alright!!

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
I agree. Glad you saved it and didn't have to post up in the crash section.
CollegeRider said:
Haha, familiarity with roads is underestimated by everyone.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Ya got lucky, chalk it up to a lesson learned.

Jason

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
grass scratches up the fairings??.....
damn, i knew the plastics were suck-ass, but GRASS?!?!?!?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
The previously knocked over sign clipped his fairing and scratched it.

Anyhow, good save, cuz. It only takes one scare to keep you in check for a bit. I know I'm still gunshy from when I layed my bike down last month and it was just a minor crash.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts