Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank god i came to my senses and chose to wait for the new RR instead of buying the new civic SI. I guess not having a car for 2 months is getting to me. Am i a bad person for even THINKING of getting an SI over an RR? lol... Well, atleast im making the right choice now.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, for the past 2 months ive been riding a ninja 250 and thats it. I've gotten used to a motorcycle being my daily trans. specially at my age (19). Once im done with academy training (becoming a cop) ill be purchasing a car.

·
Registered
225 Posts
if i had to ride a bike because i had to, i would go crazy. i ride because it is something i like to do, not have to do.

buy a Car, you never know when you will need it.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
IMO you should look at the practical side of having a car over a bike..and the usefulness of a car...if i had to chose between car and a bike(providing i didn't have a car) i would chose a car for over all usability...

btw....that in no way shape or form means i would wanna give up my bike...i love it too much

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i forgot to mention i kinda do have a car at the moment. I still live with my parent (just started college) and we have two cars, so when she drives the eclipse, i drive the van. Or the other way around. ^_^

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
0verdose said:
Well i forgot to mention i kinda do have a car at the moment. I still live with my parent (just started college) and we have two cars, so when she drives the eclipse, i drive the van. Or the other way around. ^_^
thats pretty good, Well then if your going to have a car at your disposal until you are out of the academy i would get an RR.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
i look at a motorcycle as a luxury. a car is wayyyy more important than a bike. well u somewhat have a car.. but is it yours and will you always have access to it? i seriously would get the si over the RR. do u plan on riding the RR when it rains? and how about if you go on a date with a girl or even to the mall.. lol come on man. car before bike! the RR is a great piece of machine but its not very "practical"

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, its a van but atleast it will get the job done since i'll only be using it when it rains. Thanks for the input everyone, as always you guys prove why this is one of the best/friendliest forums around.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
KhMeRGuY978 said:
i look at a motorcycle as a luxury. a car is wayyyy more important than a bike. well u somewhat have a car.. but is it yours and will you always have access to it? i seriously would get the si over the RR. do u plan on riding the RR when it rains? and how about if you go on a date with a girl or even to the mall.. lol come on man. car before bike! the RR is a great piece of machine but its not very "practical"

Good points, but i already have a girl friend of two years and she aproves of the RR. Yes, the vehicle is not mine but i have access to it every day, every hour. And no, i plan to drive the car when it rains, duh! :p

PS: im trying to find out the payments, etc, on a new SI. If it doesnt work out, i guess it'll be the RR and the van for me. *sarcasm* "OH BUMMER..."

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I haven't owned a car in about 2 years and my 954RR is my daily driver (600RR for the weekends!). I have never encountered a situation where I couldn't figure out a way to get through it on my bike. If it rains, just gear up with ski or snowboard pants and jacket on top (im from Seattle so I'm a rain pro haha). If some one needs and ride then I tell em to hop on or we can drive their car and i'll float em some gas money. My girlfriend either rides on back or i drive her car. There is nothing a backpack, tank bag, bungee cords, and a little innovation cant take care of! But then again, maybe my opinion would change if I could remember what its like to have a car haha ...

·
Registered
796 Posts
my 600RR is bassicly my daily ride. I had a bit of a speeding record. So much insurance is far too much for me to pay at 19 years old. My parents are sort of unwilling to help too. So i had to decide between car insurance (On an older, not so fun car) or my '05 tribal 600.

I picked to 600. It is summertime, when it gets to winter i can just switch back.

The dumb thing is I can be insured on other people's cars, just no the ones my family owns.... sigh.

P.S. You wont believe the speeding incident. I got a ticket for speeding in my dad's tundra for 45 in 25 (its a really weird open road but its 25, tricky) at 5a.m in the morning. THE NEXT day i got one for 60 in 45, the car i was driving had a broken speedometer, and i had no cars around me to judge my speed. THE NEXT day i got one for a 60 in 45 again, on my RR by a bike cop. I totally didn't even know i was going fast - same speed as car next to me. A bike car went pass in opposite side and i WAVED to him, being nice friendly biker you know. Well he whiped it and pulled me over... maybe he thought i gave him the finger. Sigh, 3 tikets, 3 consecutive days, 3 diff vehicles. Worst luck you can get.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
DenBoe said:
P.S. You wont believe the speeding incident. I got a ticket for speeding in my dad's tundra for 45 in 25 (its a really weird open road but its 25, tricky) at 5a.m in the morning. THE NEXT day i got one for 60 in 45, the car i was driving had a broken speedometer, and i had no cars around me to judge my speed. THE NEXT day i got one for a 60 in 45 again, on my RR by a bike cop. I totally didn't even know i was going fast - same speed as car next to me. A bike car went pass in opposite side and i WAVED to him, being nice friendly biker you know. Well he whiped it and pulled me over... maybe he thought i gave him the finger. Sigh, 3 tikets, 3 consecutive days, 3 diff vehicles. Worst luck you can get.
Haha damn man thats rough but i think i might have you beat! I got my 954 back from being stolen after i caught the guy with it and got 3 tickets within the first 2 days of having it again! I guess i was a lil too excited to have it back after 4 months of it being gone with no insurance money ...

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Someone was selling a 06 SI on clubsi.com, I have a 99 right now.. If it were still stock I would keep it... I might pick up a new VW GTi.

You could find a good used bike for a decent price..

·
Registered
617 Posts
shortyR6 said:
if i had to ride a bike because i had to, i would go crazy. i ride because it is something i like to do, not have to do.

buy a Car, you never know when you will need it.
+1

If I only could have either a bike or car, I would have a car.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
damn so many responds since i finished with my last class. Well, thanks again for the responses! Im thinking about getting an SI but honestly, i have a car even if its not mine, i know i can use it whenever i want as my mom said. And second: i love bikes, i love the feeling, the adrenaline, the way you are one with the machine. I think my mind is set... Thanks guys! :)

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
i feel your pain man, thats why i bought this damn S10, now i kinda wish i didnt, but i got a good deal so if i trade it in i shouldnt lose more than $1k, if i sell it i can definately make my loot back.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Personally I'm a Honda fan. I have a 1994 Honda Accord that gets great gas mileage and has been very good to me. I just bought an 03 600rr, and my next bike will probably be a Honda motocross bike. I'm very brand loyal to Honda because they are, in my opinion, simply the best.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts