Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is my dilemma. I went to my local dirt bike/motorcycle/jet ski shop and sat on all the bikes (r6, kawi, 600rr, gixxer) and i realized that the 600rr's seat sucks. The r6 and kawi are by far the most comfortable. The only things i dont like on the r6 and kawi is that the brake fluid is right on the handle bars.

I also happen to think the 600rr looks the best. The black with grey stripes and the tribal kick ass!

Do you think the seat will mold to my ass and feel more comfortable later? Or should i just suck it up and go with the r6?

Please dont be biased, I know this is a 600rr forum but given my circumstances and my likes/dislikes, what would you do?

·
Registered
980 Posts
600rr deff the riding postion is so much better the seat is fine and hey if u hate it that much buy a corbin seat for a hundred and change then u have no worries

·
Registered
121 Posts
your on a rr board.. don't you think you will get a bias opinion. So what if you ass hurts after riding a double R. It is worth it.

·
Registered
779 Posts
yea get it in hot pink.
On the serious side, go with whatever you like. Can't really go wrong with any of those bikes. If you really like 600rr just get an aftermarket seat, although the seat will break in a little and you'll get used to it, I did.

·
Registered
273 Posts
If that's your only gripe, then don't let a "minor" hang up keep you from buying the bike. It's like opting not to buy a gixxer 1000, because the pipe looks hideous. You'll lose out on a great bike. I say "minor" because most people either get used to the seat or replace it with a Corbin.
On the other hand, if you have a laundry list of dislikes above and beyond the seat, then definitely consider a different bike. Buy what suits YOU, you're the one riding (and paying) for it!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think you will get used to the seat. I don't even notice it anymore.....I actually like it now because it is so easy to move around on when you are in the corners.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I think this is the wrong place to ask for an opinion on which bike to buy...
As far as your seat question is concerned...RR doesn't stand for really relaxing. My vote is obvious. If that is all your worried about then follow Tropicoz's advice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts