Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I think I'm getting to where I want to be with her. What do you think? I just installed the LP Aero leds last night and I think they are beautiful. The problem is they are purely cosmetic. I mean you can't hardly see them from the front. What do you think of the rim tape?

Oh yeah, this is before I straightened my plate and moved it up higher to prevent it from getting bent up again.

·
Registered
909 Posts
^^ use mothers polish, The tape is a nice touch, but you have to lose them huge pumkin blinkers on the back get some aftermarket once.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do use Mothers for my pipe.
You know, I have actually grown to like the rear signals since I relocated them inboard. I'm sure I will eventually go aftermarket back there but I don't think that look that bad.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have the same exact bike. I like to do little stuff, or put little details to make it look different. I took my brake calipers and painted them gloss black and to some red paint and went over the lettering and it turned out to look real good. Very cheap to.

Plus I highly recommend that you invest in some frame sliders!!!

Like the rim tape also.

Joe

·
Registered
628 Posts
I like the look with the rim tape I was thinking today about doing that :) I love the no heatshield look how does that work out for you? Does it cause any problems anywhere on the bike and was it a pain in the ass to get off? I was thinking about doing it when I was putting on my eliminator kit but I was too tired and decided to make it anothr days project.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
looks good man!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Clean looking bike.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I like the rim tape, like the blinkers, now its time to get rid of those signals in the back (I recommend an intergrated tail-light -- I love mine) and an EXHAUST!

Looks good!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Well guys I was at Laguna Seca all weekend so I just got back here this evening. The large heat shield in the rear did kick my butt however, I feel it was worth it. The front heat shield was nothing to remove. I haven't noticed any difference in the heat on my legs or bum. Maybe I just got lucky but when I polished over the welds the turned out looking a lot nicer.

Also to whoever it was that asked, I do all my polishing by hand.

·
Registered
422 Posts
looks good, rim tape was a nice touch

·
Registered
860 Posts
Looks good. I'll get you the blacked out exhaust pics tomorrow. I apologize again for the wait.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just started my next stage: I ordered a new set of engine covers and they are going to the powdercoater tomorrow along with the rear pegs. Maybe next week I will remove the rear sets and take them to be coated also. While the rear sets are off I will BBQ paint the stock exhaust. You will be seeing pics soon....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts