Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a leo exhaust from Alpha on the 22nd. In his for sale ad he stated that all the hardware to mount the exhaust would be included
See below:

I then proceeded to send him a Pm specifically asking about the mounting hardware and the most important pc ( the bracket) :

When i received the exhaust it was not in the "great condition" it was described as (should have known better because he only took pictures of one side!), and there was 1 screw to mount it to the bike!? All hardware included? Yeah ok! just this:

The mounting hardware and kit that was supposed to be included is 79.99 from leo vince (plus 11$ shipping)

I asked him to refund me 60 towards the kit and id put out another $30 to cover the rest.
He feels that he did not lie about the mounting hardware, and that i should just go to a hardware store and find a way to mount it. He also feels that is what anyone else who bought the exhaust would have done?

So now im stuck with an exhaust i cant mount to the bike and out $300.

I have given him plenty of chances to make this right (we have about 10 PMs back and forth) so I do not feel I am jumping the gun posting this thread.

Heres a warning to anyone who wants to purchase parts from Alphaflight. I hope no one else has the same experience i did. I know he has some good feedback but that is no excuse for him to get away with straight up lying about what he is selling.

Paypal is no help, they are a joke. I will most likley just call my credit cards company and have them issue a chargeback to paypal and then they will go through his bank to recover the refund.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yeh just charge back paypal if you are unhappy for any reason. Your credit card company will protect you.
Paypal will charge back his bank account, problem solved.

·
Registered
7,431 Posts
That is just straight up dishonest of Alphaflight. He clearly stated "all mounting hardware" it should only take one PM to resolve the issue.

I say the mods ban him, we don't need a guy like this as a part of our community

·
Registered
116 Posts
Wow, thats extremely dishonest. I agree the mods ban him if ot allready done. If he sold me that crap i would have done the same thing you are doing, not suck it up and go to the hardware store and find stuff to make a bracket.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts

perhaps you should give this guy one shot to redeem himself, and it should be left up to the OP. should the op feel satisfied or not.

i totally agree, people who straight up lie need to be booted out and get their ass on a gixer forum

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the support guys, I was hoping everyone wouldn't think I was over reacting but I think its pretty cut and dry what is going on here.
I'm going to give him this weekend to make it right (even though Ive given plenty of time already) and call my credit card company Monday. I still don't think I'm being unreasonable by asking for a refund that is less than the parts cost. But if i do end up having to go through the trouble of using my cc company I will be asking for the full amount of the hardware kit.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Paypal will Freeze Alpha's funds... Hell, Paypal is willing to freeze anyones funds for no reason. File a claim with them

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
man thats bull shat. you went about it very tactfully though. thats still ridiculous though, you even specified to make sure everything was included as well. im hopin he we at least give you the 60 bucks towards the new mounting kit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
man thats bull shat. you went about it very tactfully though. thats still ridiculous though, you even specified to make sure everything was included as well. im hopin he we at least give you the 60 bucks towards the new mounting kit.

He went about it very tactfully?? He gave the man a chance to fix the problem and he doesnt want to! He made a thread to let people know he is a dishonest seller!

D

·
0 Posts
I see you said PayPal was no help. Did you file a dispute and raise it to a claim and give the same information to them as you did us, plus his PM's to you? If so, there is one other way.

Since that is legally theft, report his ass to the IC3. www.ic3.gov. That will get him shaking in his boots and to fork over the $60.
The internet crosses both international and state boarders, which makes it the jurisdiction of the FBI and their internet crime department.

I almost bought that exhaust too. Glad I didn't.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I see you said PayPal was no help. Did you file a dispute and raise it to a claim and give the same information to them as you did us, plus his PM's to you? If so, there is one other way.

Since that is legally theft, report his ass to the IC3. www.ic3.gov. That will get him shaking in his boots and to fork over the $60.
The internet crosses both international and state boarders, which makes it the jurisdiction of the FBI and their internet crime department.

I almost bought that exhaust too. Glad I didn't.
Well what happened with paypal is because i didnt purchase it off of ebay they only cover goods that were no received. They will not do anything about missing parts. I opened the dispute and they closed it right away, so i called and asked what was up and thats when she told me about if i didnt buy it off ebay blah blah, then she told me to contact my credit card company and they will handle it because i have sufficient evidence that he lied and parts were not included.

Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User
Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It
does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods
received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a
refund.
You are lucky you didnt buy it, but according to him, anyone who bought it wouldnt it would have no problem with this...

i don't think other people would have such a hard time mounting it with a few parts from a hardware store. when it was mounted on my bike, it looked fine to me.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, like I said, i gave him untill today to make this right and he has not responded or issued a refund.

I opened a chargeback dispute through my credit card company today, so we will see how this turns out.

So once again if your thinking about buying anything from alphaflight, save your time and money hes a lier and thief.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
wow. just got back from vacation and saw this.

i am so glad to see that the 600RR forum has such good support for VETERAN members and sellers with a good trader rating.

for the record, i never owned a leo vince before. i got this exhaust off of a 600rr that i purchased and i gave him all the mounting hardware that was on the bike when i took off the exhaust. he asked me if it included all the mounting hardware, to my knowledge i gave him all that the hardware that was on the exhaust when i took it off.

to top it off, the guy just purchased $80 for a few bolts off of leo vince and expects me to pay at least $60 for a few bolts without my consent!?! i would have rather him return the exhaust and i'll refund him the $300 (shipped)! for pete's sake, who the heck would refund back 20% for a few BOLTS!

send me back the exhaust and i'll refund you the money. and for the record, this guy just automatically sends a claim to paypal after a couple days for the full $80! paypal denied him but i was/am still open to negotiate with him.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.