Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, sorry for all the posts lately just doing a lot of research. (more then i'm doing for college right now! lol). But back to the point. I'm looking at A* GP Pro gloves which on here go for $225, and i'm wondering if at that price range do you think there are better alternatives?

·
Registered
31 Posts
my experience with most a* products have been very positive. but lately i've been considering products from RS Taichi. try giving them a look.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I would go with the RS taichi GP Evo gloves or the Rev'it Jerez for that kind of money...maybe even cough up a few LESS bucks for the Held Pole Position OR a few MORE bucks for the held phantoms.

BTW, i got a pair of rs taichi gp evo gloves (new, white, size small) or a pair of held phantoms (new, black/white, size medium/8) if you're interested in either.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would go with the RS taichi GP Evo gloves or the Rev'it Jerez for that kind of money...maybe even cough up a few LESS bucks for the Held Pole Position OR a few MORE bucks for the held phantoms.

BTW, i got a pair of rs taichi gp evo gloves (new, white, size small) or a pair of held phantoms (new, black/white, size medium/8) if you're interested in either.
If you had those Taichi in black and medium I would have been very interested! :banghead:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've only had A stars, but the palms wear out fast, and the seams go pretty quickly as well. I've went through two pairs of gloves in like a year and a half, and 16,000 miles. They look good, and feel comfortable, but im in the market for a new brand as well.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those baby's do look sweet, i'd like to try them on, because those carbon fiber biotic knuckle protectors look sick!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got the Taichi GP EVO gloves and they feel good. I used the Astar GP Pro and I gotta say, I favor the Taichi. The seems started to fall apart on the Astar after about a year. Only had the Taichi for seven months so we see how it holds up after a year. I have no doubt that it will. Held also makes good gloves.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
we've got about 70+ pairs of handroids out there so far and everyone loves them. they've been down a couple times and performed great. boa lacing system is holding up very well.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
we've got about 70+ pairs of handroids out there so far and everyone loves them. they've been down a couple times and performed great. boa lacing system is holding up very well.
Yeah in late June or early July I will contact you with about 5 items on my hit list. So you will be hearing from me, just in a couple of months. :shakehand

·
Registered
111 Posts
definitaly going to have to look into some better gloves after i went down this past weekend

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
a* are pretty good gloves...i had my gp plus gloves for bout 3.5 years before they needed to be replaced now i have the pros and they feel pretty good...the plus were crash tested too and survived with just a few scuffs...they are def a good choice but yeah look into others and see if theres something else you might like too

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
back to the A* part, i think there are definitely better gloves out there for the money. i love their suits and jackets, and i think they make way better boots then anybody out there, but when it comes to their gloves i've got some issues with them. i believe a palm should be made out of a material that causes the least amount of grip with the pavement upon initial contact. materials that cause grip will most certainly produce a shock across the glove that can lead to broken seams and stitching. A* uses rubber....... WTF. sliding down the road does not break gloves open. its the inital impact and the overloading of the seams. i like the phantoms (big shocker there) and other gloves that utilize the Sport Scaphoid Protection System (plastic sliders used to work against the inital grip of gloves vs. cement). rs taichi, held, and knox FTW

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was looking at more affordable gloves and came across the Held Thrux Gloves, would these be an upgrade from A* gloves? Or the RS_Taichi GP-WRX Racing Gloves.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts