Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shamelessly ripped from another board...Here's the "STORY"

The story:

"Here's the jist of it: I was a passenger on my friend Sean's GXSR 750, we were going WAY fast on highway 550 (that means about 120mph), and my helmet visor flipped open, making me instantly un-aerodynamic, and ripping me off the back of the bike. I tumbled 522 feet down the highway and slid to a stop across the yellow lines at mile marker 8. The guy riding behind us said I looked like a bag of trash rollin' down the highway, and he had to swerve to avoid hitting me. I ended up on my stomach, with my right arm pinned underneath me and my left arm extended out onto the road. My clothes were shredded, my helmet was ****ed, and my shoes were gone... they had all been claimed by the cement. My injuries included, but were not limited to, 50 percent body coverage of third degree "pavement" burns , which we lovingly call "road rash." To get an idea of what this means, some of my bones, tendons, and even internal organs were exposed in several places, and chunks of muscle and skin were completly missing. I lost half of my left breast (which I still am sad about). I also dislocated my right big toe and severed all the tendons in my left pinky finger. However, I didn't break any bones whatsoever. This is probably because I let myself go limp, as I just wanted to die while I tumbled on the cement. The ambulance arrived 45 minutes later because we were out in the middle of nowhere (Indian Reservation!). Once the Paramedics realized the extent of my injuries, they called the helicopter out and flew me to UNMH, where I stayed until just yesterday. So, after 8 surguries and 2 long months in the hospital, I am happy to report that I am home and alright. But, I did have to learn to walk again, and my scars will never go away, and many scars I do have. As of now, I look pretty gross under my clothes, but my pretty face survived.

Of course, I do not regret getting on the bike because you never know when something like that could happen. It was a Sunday drive, and I was sober when I chose to ride. Nothing could have changed what happened or even warned me about the problem with my helmet. I only hope that poor Sean has stopped blaming himself and that he comes with me to Vegas for my birthday. It's amazing what you can learn about a person if you simply fall off their motorcycle. "

·
Registered
665 Posts
Wow, I just showed this to my girlfriend who likes to jump on the back with flip flops and shorts.

I was just telling her the other day that she needs to wear protective clothing or I'm not letting her ride. This just further affirms I'm making the right choice.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Sorry to hear this. You sound like a beautiful person both inside and out. Don't worry about the scars. We all have them, wether you can see them or not. Some are emotinal, some physical. Tell Sean to go to Vegas, it is so fun and you guys will have a great time.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I, personally, do not see why anyone would let someone on the back of their bike without proper gear on. I don't let anyone on the back of my bike simply because if something happend, I'd die of guilt, my fault or not. Even if he/she was fully geared up, I wouldn't allow them on the back, I'd tell them to go get their own bike. At least she's ok now. But she'll never be the same. Poor girl, too bad she had to learn the hard way. Shame on that dude for not having her wear gear. It's up to us to make sure our passengers ride properly. But I suppose that's way too much to ask of the squids that don't wear any gear as well.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
My God!

Holy crap that would suck taking a shower with that kinda rash.

Ouch... Sad story indeed.
Jason

·
Registered
860 Posts
I read this a few ago on TSBA.org. It's sad, and squidly and all that ,but what gets me is she's still vein enough to only be happy that her face still looks good. You can tell by reading that she didn't really learn her lesson b/c the focus of her story is about how ugly she looks or doesn't look. Sean should be going to Vegas for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Birthday, Hannukah, etc etc etc. I always wondered what caused her visor to flip up, too. Crappy helmet, only partially down, or whatever.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
I always make my passenger wear gear. I will even offer my jacket.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I just got back from getting some super burritos since they will be closed tomorrow,
and there was this harley/chopper/cruiser behind me like 400ft back in my mirror.
I look up and get about a half a block and recheck, and this idiot is on my tail
(25mph school zone, mind you) I break off to the left turn lane after seeing him and this retard
POPS A WHEELIE (a good 1 FOOT) as he passes me thru the intersection on my right and I see this
small lady on the back bounce up and down of the seat in a bumble bee striped tank+short shorts + brain bucket.
Going too fast with a passenger is one thing, but WTF? a wheelie? I wouldn't want any passengers on my bike
without at LEAST jacket+gloves+jeans+GOOD FULL FACED LID.
I always cringe when I see passengers with only a helmet and a prayer.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Visitor Q said:
My God!

Holy crap that would suck taking a shower with that kinda rash.

Ouch... Sad story indeed.
Jason
that never crossed my mind, but your right. Do you even shower? Or just sponge baths? Ouch.

·
Registered
104 Posts
SPR SLO- how are you gonna say that she is being vain? That's not vain at all, the poor girl has been in the hospital for 2 damn months she is trying to make a positive note on her recount of the accident. Lord knows if that happened to someone else they might be too depressed to even post their story for the good of others to warn them. How do you know whether or not she learned her lesson? If she hadn't then why would she post that for others to see? She'd probably not put pictures of herself in such an unflattering state on the internet, that's not something you do for attention; it's something you do to demonstrate the dangers of not wearing proper gear. Next time don't be so quick to judge. I bet you have made some poor decisions before yourself too.

my girlfriend wanted to add the above replay to that fucker.
And I agree with her. show some sympathy i think she had plenty of time to think about the situation and learn her lesson while she was re learning how to walk. what a fucker.

sorry we just had to vent on that ****

·
Registered
573 Posts
CarolinaRR said:
SPR SLO- how are you gonna say that she is being vain? That's not vain at all, the poor girl has been in the hospital for 2 damn months she is trying to make a positive note on her recount of the accident. Lord knows if that happened to someone else they might be too depressed to even post their story for the good of others to warn them. How do you know whether or not she learned her lesson? If she hadn't then why would she post that for others to see? She'd probably not put pictures of herself in such an unflattering state on the internet, that's not something you do for attention; it's something you do to demonstrate the dangers of not wearing proper gear. Next time don't be so quick to judge. I bet you have made some poor decisions before yourself too.

my girlfriend wanted to add the above replay to that fucker.
And I agree with her. show some sympathy i think she had plenty of time to think about the situation and learn her lesson while she was re learning how to walk. what a fucker.

sorry we just had to vent on that ****

Amem Bro, and Bro-ette.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I'm not being a fucker or unsympathetic in the least. I'm not saying she didn't learn her lesson necesasrily either, but instead of emphasizing her pretty face, she could have emphasized the painful cleanings and healing and all that. And people do post things like this for attention. That's why there was a show called Jackass on MTV for years and even made into a movie. That's why you see videos of people acting stupid and falling or hurting themselves and laughing about it. Even in the post a few days ago about wearing gear, the guy that had half his scalp scraped off had a big smile on his face. I think my post might have been taken out of context, but I am in no way unsympathetic, but I probably do look at things a bit differently than most b/c of the environment I'm in everyday. My apologies to you two that got offended, but that was not my point. I truly hope she did learn her lesson, and that maybe some of those cute little girls out there in tank tops, cut offs and flip flops will think about those pics next time, but I doubt it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts