Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my damn brake light wont go off. i checked the switches and there fine. any thoughts???? im stumped. yesterday my friend almost lowsided (his fault he shouldnt have been watching me) cause he never saw my brake light come on. and sure enough, it is on, but all the time. any insight will be helpful guys.
BTW: happened since my accident

·
Registered
856 Posts
NewRedRider said:
Yep! Check the spring return on the foot pedal and the adjustment knob.

I noticed mine the other day looks odd, it shows almost like it can be screwed downwards.. like I can see some of the thread space between the top plastic piece and the piece that connects to the brake pedal, is that normal?

I also have noticed something hot that sprays when I get going at good speeds, I can feel something hot splattering ( not like water hose spraying, like very very light mist ) against my ankle, although I check my ankle after a ride and nothing, almost like its just hot water or something.. And yes I wear sneakers on short rides like to the store down a block, otherwise I wear ankle support boots. Could that be related to the brake pedal and little hose there?

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Gundy said:
I noticed mine the other day looks odd, it shows almost like it can be screwed downwards.. like I can see some of the thread space between the top plastic piece and the piece that connects to the brake pedal, is that normal?
Yes. That's the adjustment for your brake light.

Gundy said:
I also have noticed something hot that sprays when I get going at good speeds, I can feel something hot splattering ( not like water hose spraying, like very very light mist ) against my ankle, although I check my ankle after a ride and nothing, almost like its just hot water or something.. And yes I wear sneakers on short rides like to the store down a block, otherwise I wear ankle support boots. Could that be related to the brake pedal and little hose there?
Are you sure it's not hot air coming off your exhaust? If it were brake fluid or other liquids, it should be there when you check your ankle. Check your coolant reservoir just in case.

FYI, Most accidents happen within 1 mile of your house. Invest in some good gear and wear it all the time. If you ever crash, you will thank me.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
NewRedRider said:
FYI, Most accidents happen within 1 mile of your house. Invest in some good gear and wear it all the time. If you ever crash, you will thank me.
true statement listen to the man

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Have you had the tail off your bike? I had this same problem on my RR and found that one time when I pulled the tail off and rerouted the wire for the rear brake switch it was pulling on the spring return making it stay on no matter how loose I ajusted it. Just had to reroute the wire behind the tail fairing forward bolt and wala, fixed.

·
Banned
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ill check that. i did have tha tail off when i was fixing it.
BTW, how do you guys get those cool banners in your sig, like blueblurr andGA_RR??? let me in on the secret!!!

·
Registered
856 Posts
NewRedRider said:
Yes. That's the adjustment for your brake light.

Are you sure it's not hot air coming off your exhaust? If it were brake fluid or other liquids, it should be there when you check your ankle. Check your coolant reservoir just in case.

Yeah its probably hot air, and yes I have a ok pair of boots but have a jacket + boots on order and hopefully get here next week.

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts