Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was at the gym the other day and ripped off my fingernail, and when I say ripped off I mean the whole thing came off and is never coming back. Not to mention it put a considerable amount of pressure underneathe (the baby fingernail? haha) anyways I can't bend my finger without an extreme amount of pain and a feeling like my finger will explode. So I can't ride with gloves on at the moment. Am I a squid? flame on.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can't wrap it, just puts more pressure on it, I tried putting my gloves on but the pressure is pretty insane. Thinking about just manning up and doing it since its getting pretty cold around here.

I ride with my left index finger pointed out (thats the finger) and shift with my pinky, ring, and middle finger. If I had shorty levers I'd be fcuked.

·
Whoring Is What I Do
5,879 Posts
I say, have your finger amputated off.

Just kidding bro, hope your finger gets better.

·
Registered
434 Posts
well i have no PhD but i'm pretty sure that if you only "tear" a nail off and don't do any damage to the nail bed, your nail will eventually grow back. i stubbed my toe like 3 times in a day and that thing fell off (my nail), its been 2 months and she is halfway grown back.

G

·
Cover it with super glue and put a bandaid on, then your gloves. It'll be like an artificial nail.

And yes, super glue is safe. It was invented for cuts to begin with.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I stabbed my finger with a knife just barely shy of the bone and it hurt like crazy to wear my glove by the bike vibrations were like a free massage and it felt better by the end of the ride :toothy4:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts