Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I found a seller of a Yoshimura RS5 exhaust with midpipe, springs and hangers.

It looks a little beat up from the end cap (couldn't I just buy a replacement of this)?

And I talked him down to $100 for everything.

It is for my 06.

What do you guys think? To me, it sounds good but I just wanted to know what the more knowledgeable people thinks.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't seem to find any place that sells it. He said it would go for about $35, but I don't know about that. I don't really care if the metal part on the very tip of the exhaust is slightly bend, unless it really affects performance which I highly doubt.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I can't seem to find any place that sells it. He said it would go for about $35, but I don't know about that. I don't really care if the metal part on the very tip of the exhaust is slightly bend, unless it really affects performance which I highly doubt.

Thoughts?

Contact Yosh...they repair exhausts...

I myself am going to get the tip replaced by them and just sent them an email.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I'd skip it, but I'm spoiled and I always take the easy way out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd skip it, but I'm spoiled and I always take the easy way out.
Understandable. But as a college student, a deal like this seems awesome. What is your argument for skipping it? Cosmetic reasons? Because I couldn't care less about that if I can save 100-200 bucks.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Understandable. But as a college student, a deal like this seems awesome. What is your argument for skipping it? Cosmetic reasons? Because I couldn't care less about that if I can save 100-200 bucks.
OCD, I truly am. :nerd:

If you think you can find the fix and get it into great working / cosmetic condition, go for it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Really appreciate your input. I wish I could afford a full system as I am so sick of this stock exhaust, but college outweighs motorcycle parts.. for now :)

I will probably go for it. I emailed Yoshimura asking for a replacement end cap, and worst case, if they charge too much I will just leave it like that. Lol.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Really appreciate your input. I wish I could afford a full system as I am so sick of this stock exhaust, but college outweighs motorcycle parts.. for now :)

I will probably go for it. I emailed Yoshimura asking for a replacement end cap, and worst case, if they charge too much I will just leave it like that. Lol.

Well that muffler is the older version and Yosh can't replace/repair it...I'm in the same boat. Mine only has a tiny dent on it though. I may be interested in selling you mine since I'm OCD about everything being perfect as well. PM me if you want to talk about it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well that muffler is the older version and Yosh can't replace/repair it...I'm in the same boat. Mine only has a tiny dent on it though. I may be interested in selling you mine since I'm OCD about everything being perfect as well. PM me if you want to talk about it.
I emailed Yoshimura and we'll see what they say.

if they can't repair or replace a part, no big deal. I'll just keep it like this. As long as the pipe functions correctly then I don't mind :smile2:

Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Here's my thoughts:

1. Spend $100 on this banged up Yoshimura, $50 for the CF tip shipped to your door and you still have a dinged up pipe but now with a brand new tip. And you're out the work it takes to put it on.

2. You can spend the winter time looking around, surfing CL, eBay, local forums, etc. and buy a decent used one for $200 that is ready to bolt on.

Your call. I know which one I'd choose......

·
Registered
336 Posts
I emailed Yoshimura and we'll see what they say.

if they can't repair or replace a part, no big deal. I'll just keep it like this. As long as the pipe functions correctly then I don't mind :smile2:

Thanks for the input!
It's your call, but I wouldn't buy that.

Hell...I got a brand new muffler for a little more than what you are paying for that POS...

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
I agree with Mike. Pass on this and just spend the winter months looking for one about a hundred more. Use this time to save to get a better one.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The end cap is about $120 and you will need new rivet bands & rivets..
Everything was fine with the rivet bands and rivets.

Yoshimura emailed me back saying 40 bucks shipped to my door, so I don't know where you are getting $120 from.

Regardless, I got a close to perfect RS5 for 140 bucks. I'm happy.

Happy holidays!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts