Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Honda CBR 600rr
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently changed my sprockets and chain and upon installation of said chain I noticed that the factory set side of the master link started bulging. Is this a cause for concern? I plan on replacing it anyways because I’m a tad paranoid with bike parts.

First picture is to show the slight pinch while the second shows how far the factory side of the master link rivet is exposed
Tire Automotive tire Tread Wood Alloy wheel

Automotive tire Gear Bicycle part Rim Motor vehicle

·
Registered
595 Posts
Let's see what other side looks like...

·
Registered
595 Posts
How was the outside ML plate squeezed onto pins?
What kind of tool was used?
What was pressed-on on inside?

Reactions: NC6648

·
Registered
2006 cbr 600rr
17 Posts
Just throwing this out there. Did you put the same size sprockets back on?
Its always good to replace the chain with new sprockets tbh.

also make sure your drive line is straight.
( counter sprocket sitting on the correct side )
( chain is straight )
( chain tension is good )

·
Registered
2011 Honda CBR 600rr
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ended up going to the Honda dealer and ask the techs. If it was their personal bike, dirt bike, they wouldn’t think too much of it but if they were going to track a sport bike they would in a heart beat.

Word to the wise, don’t go cheap on a chain riveter. The Amazon ones will either break or potentially not line up. They will work for a bicycle or something of the sorts but not a street chain.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Can you give us link to tool you used and photo of it? Wanna know what to avoid!

I just use washers and chanel-lok pliers to put my ML together.. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Recently changed my sprockets and chain and upon installation of said chain I noticed that the factory set side of the master link started bulging. Is this a cause for concern? I plan on replacing it anyways because I’m a tad paranoid with bike parts.

First picture is to show the slight pinch while the second shows how far the factory side of the master link rivet is exposed
View attachment 227163
View attachment 227162
Always get your bike balanced and aligned after chains and tyres,
I took my bike to a professional racer over 25 years TT experience,
He gets mew bikes from dealers to align wheels,
They can be 4-7 mm out from the dealers,
He uses no technology… just a few pieces metal and a tape measure
After a laser aligned new chain sprocket fitted,
I took my bike to Weardale racing this guy,

It was 4mm out, after test ride feel the difference massively and also adjusts suspension to your weight,
This tho looks like cheap chain of it’s not over £150 min… for chain sprocket kit and not a renowned make, don’t buy it… I have carbon fibre parts that don’t fit to brake levers in my shed from my early days lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts