Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am on the highway in my lane and some a$$hole on a brand new R1 passes me IN MY LANE!

I am doing about 50 and keeping the pre-requisite distance from the car in front. This guy cruises by me then has to jam on the brakes because he almost hit the car I was following.

Then he gives the "whats up" head nod. I change lanes and leave him there.

Im not a hooligan and maybe since I ride with proper gear I look like one but am I wrong for being annoyed by this jacka$$?

·
Registered
525 Posts
i dont know why other riders need to pass in the lane your riding in. ill be doin 70 on the highway and some a-hole will come flying down the same lane right next to me. WHY WHY WHY -- do you want me to think your cool or something, cuz YOU'RE NOT.

i could see if your stuck in the lane or something but they are not. they have the whole damn highway but have to pass in the same lane :bitchslap:

i feel ya brother

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
No your not wrong. That guy is an a**. How did he know you weren`t going to change position in the lane? He was trying to show off I guess. Some woman in a cage passed me on the right on a two lane (one lane each way) 25mph road near my house. I followed her until she stopped and got out and asked her if she was drunk, she just waved me off. I say a cop a block away and told him she was driving like she was drunk, gave him her tag and my phone # and told him where she was. I road by a couple minutes later and he had her out in front of where she worked, he was still there with her like 15 minutes later. I hope he made her look like an a** in front of her boss. I should have signed a ticket against her.
BTW, no, I dont split lanes or share when traffic in tight, thats a recipe for disaster IMO.

·
Registered
526 Posts
a guy on some cruiser with a chick on the back did that to me last summer, i couldn't believe it, I mean i didnt even see him coming up, so i dropped a few gears and said bye bye

·
Registered
525 Posts
seanic said:
and im assuming neither of you guys share lanes or pass cars in their same lane when traffic is tight?
i prefer not to share the lane even when i riding with a buddy.

answer this question for me? how are you gonna avoid a hole in the road if you're riding right next to another person. where are you gonna go? into the other person :bitchslap:

that is why i dont share lanes or pass cars when traffic is tight.

(why am i getting so mad :? )

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
getting mad bucause you are frustrated! i feel the same way! i don't split lanes - EVER - i think it is unsafe because you don't ever know if a driver is gonna whip out into another lane, cutting you off, leaving no place to go. i have to have my "space" when i ride on the road.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't split lanes in traffic. I'm guilty of turning without looking in traffice just like everyone else. Due to my riding I am 100 times more cautious than the average cager but I am not immune. If I can have the occasional screw up then I sure as hell count on granny in her Caddy doing it all the time.

As for riding with a buddy I usually stagger as well. It gives us both a little wigle room.

seanic, I hear in Cali the lane splitting thing happens alot due to the heavy grid lock. Here in South Florida there really isnt a need for it. The traffci isnt that congested.

·
Registered
25 Posts
No your not wrong. I feel the same way. I hate it when some idiot comes flying by in my lane. But when I ride in a group I like to ride staggered then when a corner is come I usually like to pull way from everyone or stay behind so I can take the corner by myself. I would love to :bitchslap: one of those guys.

·
Registered
294 Posts
**** I had a car pass me in my lane yesterday. I was close to the center line turning left with blinker on then the highschool bitch passed me on the right doing 25mph.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Same lane fly by's when your not ready are pants crapping and dangerous as hell!
When your not ready and someone fly's by you in the total other lane is shocking enough. I find myself hearing it, then a split second later he's ripped by me and I got the 'ol white knuckle death grip workin! :x That's not that bad but when he's in your lane it's real easy to swerve or lose your concentration and doing that can be your demise, not his. So yea, he's a giant tool and will do that at the wrong time one day but hopefully just get scared not sideswiped into being a more safe roadway rider.
Funny story, I was on a back country road with 3 Hardly Abelsons in front of me doing a crisp 35mph. The speed limit was 45 but these guys were just out for some low speed insect lunch's. So I dont think twice and swerve into the total other lane, (double yellow) and not another person on the road giving these "rich urban bikers" a nice 15 foot spacer. This one douch kicks his leg out to the left and swerves at me! Um, why? So I timed my swerve back at him to just miss his front tire, he swerved so hard back right that he almost crashed into his buddy. Ive only came across this once and never understood why he did that. I wonder how many other people he tried to kick. Must be the outlaw in him. Prolly an accountant with his instant azhole kit on.
Boring story i know...i'll go now..... :p

·
Registered
301 Posts
I think everyone who drives should ride a bike in rush hour atleast once. That way they will see how scary it is to have a car merge ONTO your bike! It would teach them to look around before moving. :roll:

·
Registered
525 Posts
GregCat said:
Funny story, I was on a back country road with 3 Hardly Abelsons in front of me doing a crisp 35mph. The speed limit was 45 but these guys were just out for some low speed insect lunch's. So I dont think twice and swerve into the total other lane, (double yellow) and not another person on the road giving these "rich urban bikers" a nice 15 foot spacer. This one douch kicks his leg out to the left and swerves at me! Um, why? So I timed my swerve back at him to just miss his front tire, he swerved so hard back right that he almost crashed into his buddy. Ive only came across this once and never understood why he did that. I wonder how many other people he tried to kick. Must be the outlaw in him. Prolly an accountant with his instant azhole kit on.
Boring story i know...i'll go now..... :p
he was a complete a-hole but its not worth risking your life or being charged with vehicular homicide either when you try to swerve back into him and make contact. im sure you would have been the one charged in the event of an accident cuz you went over double yellows to pass.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts