Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/motogp/news/156073-0/ama_champion_set_for_sepang_test.html

Rizla Suzuki team manager Paul Denning has confirmed that Suzuki's reigning double AMA Superbike champion, Ben Spies, will test a GSV-R during Monday's post race outing at the Malaysian circuit.

It has been rumoured that, with the AMA season over, Spies might make his race debut in the closing rounds of 2007. However, with Suzuki test rider Nobuatsu Aoki appearing as the third entry this weekend, the Valencian finale is Ben's last remaining opportunity for this season. Much will probably depend on how the Sepang test goes.

"The test will be Ben's first time on the GSV-R800 and first time at Sepang," said Denning. "It's difficult to say if he'll be a MotoGP rider one day, but he wants to give it a go and seems to have got over his fear of flying to come here... Suzuki like to bring through their own riders, as they did with Kevin Schwantz."

·
Registered
610 Posts
I saw that on RRW. Anxiously awaiting the results. I don't suppose Spies has ever ridded Sepang before, he'll have alot more to adapt to than just the bike. guess all the bantering in the other spies thread will be put to the test.:happy1:

·
Registered
995 Posts
Well, the Malaysian gods have frown on Ben's chance to test out his skill on a GP ride... he will most likely be unable to go to Valencia now... but he may still get a chance for a post Valencia GP test... maybe...

·
Registered
279 Posts
I think Spies is going to be really good in GP.............I'm excited to see him race.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts