Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my phone so i cant link a webpage...but ama had only 5 rounds scheduled for 2014... Micheal jordan, national guard, and geico are all droping out on sponsorships as well...

sent from my mobile handheld communicator

·
Registered
234 Posts
The 2014 AMA Pro Road Racing schedule is as follows:

1. March 13 - 15 - Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach, Fla.
2. May 30 - June 1 - Road America, Elkhart Lake, Wis.
3. June 21 - 22 - Barber Motorsports Park, Birmingham, Ala.*
4. July 19 - 20 - Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Lexington, Ohio*
5. September 13 - 14 - New Jersey Motorsports Park, Millville, N.J.*

From 9 rounds last year to 5 this year, I would say yes they are. Sucks for everyone in the states. Pretty sure DMG is running AMA into the ground.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Time to jump to the other side of the pond. God save the queen!!!

sent from my mobile handheld communicator

·
Registered
110 Posts
Glad went to the final race of 2013 at Laguna Seca! Why isn't anyone racing there this year? Atleast I can drive to Austin for MotoGP but they won't be going to Cali this year either. :confused:

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
The 9 races will make it a dog fight, every race counts. Of course it could be better but I'm an optimist.

In other related news, we'll be releasing our 2014 plans on Monday -

I've been pretty giddy about this for the past few weeks now and look forward to finally releasing the news.

·
Registered
903 Posts
So let's just let it die and hit the Brits up for a US franchise ASB (American Superbikes). Adopt their rules wholesale and have them rent us some of their organizers to get it up and running over here. That way we can have the TransAtlantic races again! Then, soon as Dorna corrals WSBK back into being a realistic production series instead of prototypes of a different name both BSB & ASB can align their rules to fit and have a couple valid national series that can cross over to the international series with wildcards and such in both countries. Hell yeah? Die AMA, Die. Long live racing!

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
The 9 races will make it a dog fight, every race counts. Of course it could be better but I'm an optimist.

In other related news, we'll be releasing our 2014 plans on Monday -

I've been pretty giddy about this for the past few weeks now and look forward to finally releasing the news.
I'm excited to see what you guys are doing. I've followed your 675 builds on 675.net every year.

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sad to see it go that way. Hope someone figures it out and starts promoting. Last year the Superbike field was kind of thin but both of the 600 classes had a lot of competitive bikes. Love motorcycle racing and want to go to the races and not one or two a year that I have to travel across the country to get to. Lots of sports bike riders out there so think there are lots of fans. AMA or whoever need to get them energized and going to the races.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I heard Jordan race team is goin to either WSBK or motogp. Basically 2014 they may be allowed to enter a few races but then 2015 full time. I would love to see Mj's squad in either of those that would be sweet. There was 2 other teams also maybe thinking about doing the same but can't remember who they were.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 41 Posts