7. Meiring, 198 points
8. Howard, 193 points
9. Young, 180 points
10. Eslick, 156 points

C

·
0 Posts
luv2ride said:
I wish every series were that close at the end of the year, would make for better racing.

Are you not follwing Moto GP right now!?! Its coming down to the wire... :icon_salu

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
exo600 said:
yeah go RR, out dated my a$$, haha the only two buells out for mechanical faliures.
Wish more honda's were in the supersport and superbike. There was only one in the supersport race in mid-ohio. What is up with that??

·
Registered
591 Posts
Big congrats to Josh Hayes for taking down Yamaha and winning what I believe is his first AMA championship. He's a really cool, down to earth guy and really earned that title.

LDROWN said:
Wish more honda's were in the supersport and superbike. There was only one in the supersport race in mid-ohio. What is up with that??
The Corona team is switching to Hondas for 07 at least. I also think there'll be several new 600RR's next season. Don't know if they'll be in Supersport or FX though.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
G.Irish said:
The Corona team is switching to Hondas for 07 at least. I also think there'll be several new 600RR's next season. Don't know if they'll be in Supersport or FX though.
From what i saw,they're going to get the same parts as American Honda.

·
Registered
591 Posts
alaska cajun said:
From what i saw,they're going to get the same parts as American Honda.
Cool, where'd you see that? When I interviewed the Honda crew chief in 05 I asked him if they were going to supply privateer teams with a Superbike kit in the future and he said that might be something they'd do down the road. That'd be really cool if they do that next year with the Corona team.

They've almost clawed their way back to being competitive with the Suzukis. When they get some more time testing with the traction control I think they'll be right there.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
G.Irish said:
Cool, where'd you see that? When I interviewed the Honda crew chief in 05 I asked him if they were going to supply privateer teams with a Superbike kit in the future and he said that might be something they'd do down the road. That'd be really cool if they do that next year with the Corona team.

They've almost clawed their way back to being competitive with the Suzukis. When they get some more time testing with the traction control I think they'll be right there.
I'm thinking I saw it on roadracing world but i can't find it now.

I alos saw somewhere that honda gave Josh Hayes parts for his bike since they wasn't running in the FX class.

·
Registered
591 Posts
alaska cajun said:
I'm thinking I saw it on roadracing world but i can't find it now.

I alos saw somewhere that honda gave Josh Hayes parts for his bike since they wasn't running in the FX class.
Correct, American Honda handed over their program to Erion so they basically started with the same armed-to-the-teeth bikes Miguel and Jake had last year.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Congrats to Hayes. Hopefully he gets a superbike ride next year. His superstock bike is too slow to compete with the Suzuki team right now.

·
Registered
591 Posts
SilverSurfer said:
Congrats to Hayes. Hopefully he gets a superbike ride next year. His superstock bike is too slow to compete with the Suzuki team right now.
He'll be back in FX next year and one more class, Supersport I'd imagine. Maybe in 08 we'll see him on an Erion or Honda superbike.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
I'm so glad Josh pulled it off. I didn't think he was going to do it and he did. I thought Bostrom was going to win the race and the championship. I enjoy watching FX much more than the Superbike races. I wish Gobert wouldn't have crashed out.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
G.Irish said:
Big congrats to Josh Hayes for taking down Yamaha and winning what I believe is his first AMA championship. He's a really cool, down to earth guy and really earned that title.

Actually Josh won the Superstock championship back in 2003.

Very happy for him to win this championship! He works so hard and is a great guy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts