Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
what a mutha effin race!!!!

congrats to hayes for the win. Hacking was on some coke-laced Monster energy drink this weekend....these two passed each other about 12 times in the final 5 laps.

And Martin Cardenas was holding his own..right before Roger snatched it away at the LAST TURN!!

Those Kawi's are making some serious power.
result

1. Josh Hayes - Pro Honda Oil Erion Racing
2. Jamie Hacking - Monster Kawasaki
3. R. Lee Hayden - Monster Kawasaki
4. Martin Cardenas - Suzuki GSXR600

Looks like it's gonna come down to a Showdown between Roger and Josh for the Championship.

AMA superbike = poopie

AMA Supersport = THE SH*T!!!

K

·
0 Posts
Yeah, "The Matt and Ben Show" is what they should call the Superbike races as of late... but the supersport races... jesus, that was great! Man, if you were Cardenas, wouldn't you be PISSED! But Hayden got the drop on him and really there's nothing wrong with that. That's just racing afterall.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea. Roger had to fight his way up. He battled from 7th I believe to take it from cardenas, who I think was happy with what would've been 3rd. Lost concentration a few turns before the flag, and bam..podium gone.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah the Supersport race was by far the best race of the event. If Dunlop hadn't cut down on the number of laps I think Roger Lee would've been up front by the end of the race. He was putting in some flyers there at the end. He had fastest lap on the day with a 1:24.976 with Hayes running a 1:25.301 and Josh Herrin, who finished 5th.

We were sitting at Turn 10 and for like the last 4 or 5 laps there was always a pass for the lead going into 10a.

The next best race of the event though had to be the USGP 125cc series. Those kids are ridiculous.

Everything else was just Suzuki's out front by a lot, although the Formula Xtreme race wasn't so bad.

Glad Hayes won his events. He's such a class act, unlike Mladin and Hacking. Sucks for Ben Spies going down on Saturday. Hopefully, he'll charge back and take the championship at Laguna Seca.

·
Registered
610 Posts
i was really pulling for cardenas. Rog got him last lap, last turn, kudos to rog. supersport blows suzukibike outta the water! its the toughest class in america.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yeah the Supersport race was by far the best race of the event. If Dunlop hadn't cut down on the number of laps I think Roger Lee would've been up front by the end of the race. He was putting in some flyers there at the end. He had fastest lap on the day with a 1:24.976 with Hayes running a 1:25.301 and Josh Herrin, who finished 5th.

We were sitting at Turn 10 and for like the last 4 or 5 laps there was always a pass for the lead going into 10a.

The next best race of the event though had to be the USGP 125cc series. Those kids are ridiculous.

Everything else was just Suzuki's out front by a lot, although the Formula Xtreme race wasn't so bad.

Glad Hayes won his events. He's such a class act, unlike Mladin and Hacking. Sucks for Ben Spies going down on Saturday. Hopefully, he'll charge back and take the championship at Laguna Seca.
I think Roger would of got a third at best. His tires were probably roasted from catching the leaders the entire race.
Hayes got the short end of the stick this season tho. Number wise Hacking still has a better chance to win the championship before Hayes. He should be the points leader or be atleast -5 or -6 at worst. With -11 going into Leguna he has to take pole, and win the race leading the whole time and hope Roger messes up somewhere.

·
Registered
252 Posts
This was a great race got to go to Road Atlanta to see in person it was great what a battle down to the end. But the rr comes out on top.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Well lets hear it for the Formula Ex Champ!!!! i gotta say the crew with josh did a flawless job on tuning and just dailing in that new RR, and josh ran through the track like it was own backyard playground. the honda wings are soaring! Way to go Josh.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
That was a great race! i watched it from the first lap to the last. Josh Hayes got a great start off the line and continued to stay between 1st and 2nd place, but mostly in first for the majority of the race. if only he didn't have trouble with Hacking passing him on turn 12; at least he would regain the lead at turn 1. but in the end he pulled through!

·
Registered
608 Posts
one of the best races of the season IMO.
That was a great race! i watched it from the first lap to the last. Josh Hayes got a great start off the line and continued to stay between 1st and 2nd place, but mostly in first for the majority of the race. if only he didn't have trouble with Hacking passing him on turn 12; at least he would regain the lead at turn 1. but in the end he pulled through!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Well lets hear it for the Formula Ex Champ!!!! i gotta say the crew with josh did a flawless job on tuning and just dailing in that new RR, and josh ran through the track like it was own backyard playground. the honda wings are soaring! Way to go Josh.

Way to go Josh! you Rock! The new 600RR is awsome! He really deserves a Superbike ride next year!

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Yea if it wasn't for that incident @ Laguna he'd probably be in really good shape...

·
Registered
480 Posts
Great race, and get ready cause the Canadian Kid is startin to spend some time in the AMA races, #8 Chris Peris. Running in the top ten, nice to see him a bit on TV, now that he is back from World SS. NExt to World SUperbike I think the AMA Supersport has been the best racing ot watch this year.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great race, and get ready cause the Canadian Kid is startin to spend some time in the AMA races, #8 Chris Peris. Running in the top ten, nice to see him a bit on TV, now that he is back from World SS. NExt to World SUperbike I think the AMA Supersport has been the best racing ot watch this year.
i like FIM WSS too...this year Sofuoglu was sickly consistent. Not even Charpentier was close. Can't wait to see him move up to JT's spot.

But yeah...AMA SS is down to Triple H!!! Hayden, Hacking and Hayes at Laguna.

Hope for the best for Erion Honda and Hayes!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts