Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These sequence of shots are from the British Supersport race at Knockhill (my local) in 2005. Amazingly Lee Longden came out with a lot of bumps and bruises but nothing else. Tough guy!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Wow the last few shots looks like the back tire went over his neck!!!

·
Registered
947 Posts
thats gonna leave a mark!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
#54 did not even have the front brake covered. If he did he may have been able to scrub off some speed. Or would it be better to be ran over at high speed compared to a low speed impact? Can anyone share their experiences?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
holy sh!t man that has got to suck. now can the dude on the ground be mad at 54 for running him over?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, the faller was fine in the end, and yes Jimmy, no 54 stayed on.

Theres no blame here folks, they were blasting out of the hairpin in a pack, and you cant see whos where, or which way they are going to go, specially when they are skidding on the ground.

I can say that because I did exactly the same thing, at exactly the same spot, when someone (who I now know) highsided his R1 right in front of me. I hit him square in the back and glanced off into the gravel, also staying on. As he was stretchered off, not moving, I thought Id killed him. Im happy to say that wasnt the case, and hes out there racing.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
that looks like it hurts.

·
Registered
763 Posts
worst fear ever...
Prob worse to run over some one than be run over.

I've been run over on the MX track
Hardly noticed…. but of course it doesn’t compare to pavement and street bikes.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
might not have had time to really react, but i noticed that too... he was probably just holding on for dear life trying to keep the bars straight... I doubt he actually thought about what was happening when it happened... that hole sequence is maybe 2-3 seconds.

pc911x said:
#54 did not even have the front brake covered. If he did he may have been able to scrub off some speed. Or would it be better to be ran over at high speed compared to a low speed impact? Can anyone share their experiences?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Good God, that's amazing that the fallen rider didn't get severly injured. I would think that it's better to be run over by a fast moving vehicle than a slower moving vehicle. The faster the vehicle is going, the less amount of time it's going to spend crushing you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts