Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The AC (Ambidextrous Club) Unite! #001
1,866 Posts
Man, that thing has Buell written ALL over it. YIKES!

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
they need to get with the times on that frame, holy crap is it thick! And I love how the front end sits so low but the brs are reaised almost up to the top of the upper! I do really like the seat and tank thats for sure.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
interesting..........................

·
Registered
888 Posts
I'm suspect of the motor and the overall quality, but I must say, that bodywork is sexy. The frame and swingarm look tough as well. I like the tail also. I wish the new RR had some of these lines. If someone told me that it was Italian, I'd be drooling.

K

·
0 Posts
Hyosung makes decent motors... kinda like Kawasaki in quality.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Same numbers as the freakin SV650, just reviewed it motocyclist, not a bad bike for 8000, a bit expensive for the discerning beginner but a great mid bike to step up to or begin at if u have the money

Looks cool to me. Reminds me of Benelli's

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Virgil said:
Same numbers as the freakin SV650, just reviewed it motocyclist, not a bad bike for 8000, a bit expensive for the discerning beginner but a great mid bike to step up to or begin at if u have the money

Looks cool to me. Reminds me of Benelli's
At first I was thinking, ho-hum, another SV650 knockoff.

But if the numbers are to be believed (they list 77hp, which is about 5 more than a stock 2nd generation SV, and just a few shy of a moderately-tuned race SV), it may not be a bad, considering the Ohlins shock, fully-adjustable forks, and big rotors.

I just noticed it's carbureted. That's not necessarily a bad thing. On the SVs, the newer FI models are easier to tune, but it's easier to scavenge for horsepower on the older carbed ones.

I'm curious if it shares any parts with any other existing production bike.

Definitely some interesting possibilities, for street or race. It would be interesting to see what this can do in the 650/Lightweight Twins race classes.

·
Registered
912 Posts
i think it looks really sharp. However, id be suspect of quality.

very nice lines

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I bet it performs closely to the sv650. Its not competing with the r6, 600r, gsxr, its a v-twin. Its a more relaxed bike than a super sport motorcycle. Its hard not to try and compare it to a sportbike but its really an sv650 with more and sportier fairings.
RHINO-RR said:
I don't like it one bit. Looks nasty, and I'm sure it wouldn't perform anything like a Japanese sportbike. Look how high those damn clip-ons are sitting! YUCK!

·
Registered
912 Posts
and its still carburated. that seems odd...i thought all bikes were fuel injected now

·
Registered
549 Posts
I think it's alright, propably just have to grow on me a lil more

1 - 20 of 27 Posts