Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Wow, how do you highside one of these current GP bikes? I think the last highside on one of these was by Hopper. I don't think that the cut will keep Pedrosa out. Either way, Hayden needs to grab podium in this race or it's a long ways to go. Pedro has a lot of issues with his front end. I think all of his crashes this year were a result of front end slide.

·
Registered
971 Posts
This is quoted from cyclenews.com
"The young Spaniard injured his right knee and cut his left toe in a second session high-side. The official team press release said that his fitness to continue will be determined Saturday morning. But the MotoGP website said his participation in this weekend’s Malaysian Grand Prix, and even at next week’s Australian GP, has “been cast into serious doubt.” "

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
If you've watched Dani race you can see how he could high-side himself. He's always getting to rear tire loose because he weighs nothing on a +200Hp bike and pushes it to the limit.

·
Registered
606 Posts
How could you highside a gp bike?? Im thinkin how do you NOT highside a gp bike. 220hp.........

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
it better be a bad f'ing cut in order for him not to race

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Well it is a good thing for Nicky if robotface doesnt race, or races in pain but it is a great opportunity for Rossi!

I seriously think Pedrosa has a much better shot at the championship than Nicky. With him out of this race, Rossi could move into a very nice points position. Provided he wins on Sunday of course.

N

·
0 Posts
Dani will ride. Last year, he had a fractured wrist which no one knew about it and he still won the championship.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
vizsladog44 said:
I hope so.

I like nicky but he is no match for Pedro.
:rolleyes:

He must not be, considering Nicky is leading the points, not "Mini-me"....

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
NewRedRider said:
If you've watched Dani race you can see how he could high-side himself. He's always getting to rear tire loose because he weighs nothing on a +200Hp bike and pushes it to the limit.
The bikes have traction control. His weight is not a detriment as much as it is a benefit, especially in drives off the corner.

What "Mini-me" does have is the same problem Casey Stoner has and that's tucking the front end (The same problem Nicky had for a while). It's learning that these bikes are heavier than the 250s and load the front up pretty heavy on braking -- sometimes to the point of tucking the front end.

He didn't highside because of the rear losing traction, he high sided due to tucking the front and getting his knee caught on the curbing.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Its funny when I see; how could he crash, he has TC. Well then, why does some of the best F1 racer crash, they have TC too. TC only helps you, it doesn't do miracles.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
THANK YOU SilverSurfer! Mang, I wish people would do a little reading before they comment. Due to the traction control on these GP bikes, you REALLY have to be doing something wrong (like Hopper did back in '05 at the Sachsenring I think) to highside these bikes. Usually a highside occurs when the rear tire is slipping and all of a sudden catches and launches you. Due to traction control, most of this is moderated. Dani HS having caught his knee on the track.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
You know, it's those Dainese suits with the metal knee, shoulder and elbow pads. See those sparks. Metal and asphalt = catch and throw!

Dude, I don't think I've ever seen a highside in F1. You know the principles behind a highside right? Tire slippage leads to tire catch leads to rider tossed. Well, with TC properly dialed in, it'll moderate tire slippage before it gets wildly out of hand. That's part of the reason the 500s were so hard to ride.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
sooperman12 said:
You know, it's those Dainese suits with the metal knee, shoulder and elbow pads. See those sparks. Metal and asphalt = catch and throw!

Dude, I don't think I've ever seen a highside in F1. You know the principles behind a highside right? Tire slippage leads to tire catch leads to rider tossed. Well, with TC properly dialed in, it'll moderate tire slippage before it gets wildly out of hand. That's part of the reason the 500s were so hard to ride.
The main reason the 500s were so hard to ride was a powerband that kicked in like a rocket. With a 500 you were either at full power or not. The powerband was VERY violent and being leaned over with minimal traction when it did kick in = baaaaad, baaaad things :)

BTW: Hopper had the mother of all high sides either this year or last year when he accidentally kicked his bike into a lower gear while cornering. It launched him about 15 feet in the air and he landed flat on his back. He's lucky he is walking.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts